Court rules you can flip off a cop

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
That kind of thing is documented. Pulled for speeding and cited for lesser would be in their records. And it is hardly uncommon. I’ve been pulled myself and cited for lesser. Lotta times they will write down a lower speed (79 instead of 81).
How do you know the fuzz wasn't rude?

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Russians don't need any court to tell them that

:D

And yet the US is supposed to be the free country here... lol
Reminds me of a Russian woman I met after bar hours when i was younger. Was complaining about how we can claim to be free when you can't have a drink on the walk home from the bar.

Mar 2019
DE, US
Funny story. And good to know!

Police Officer Can't Pull Over Driver For Giving Him The Finger, Court Rules

In the sequence of events described by the court, a woman in Michigan, Debra Cruise-Gulyas, was pulled over in 2017 for speeding. The officer showed leniency, writing her up for a lesser violation known as a nonmoving violation. As she drove away, apparently insufficiently appreciative of the officer's gesture, Cruise-Gulyas made a certain gesture of her own. Or as the court put it, "she made an all-too-familiar gesture at [Officer Matthew] Minard with her hand and without four of her fingers showing."
I remember when North Carolina ruled mooning was considered free speech with their so-called mooning law. I heard they did away with it later.

Now, if the whole nation had such a law and our women were inclined to use that gesture, what a great place it would be.