Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann is suing NBCUniversal for a whopping $275 million

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
Reporting on the events as they unfolded is not libel or slander.
Why do you keep trying to sell this hysterical lie. You go back to the 400+ page thread on the incident and it's clear, we were all pointing out the media account was fake by watching the whole clip. it took over a week for your precious infallible media to correct themselves. And they only half ass did it and even today foolish people still believe them.

Seems to me his parents are behind this from what I read about the lawsuit against the WP

Probably looking for maybe a "settlement" to make some money.

Good, you cannot libel and slander people, even under the guise of "journalism". I hope they get raked over the coals.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
No... this is you lying (color me shocked).
Lying about what?

That legal requirements regarding news retractions are at the state level, not federal?
That while some states have laws concerning news retractions, Kentucky is not among them?
That Sandmann's family resides in Kentucky?

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Lying about what?

That legal requirements regarding news retractions are at the state level, not federal?
That while some states have laws concerning news retractions, Kentucky is not among them?
That Sandmann's family resides in Kentucky?
Are you suggesting its second nature to the degree that you dont recognize the dishonesty in your comment?

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Why do you keep trying to sell this hysterical lie. You go back to the 400+ page thread on the incident and it's clear, we were all pointing out the media account was fake by watching the whole clip. it took over a week for your precious infallible media to correct themselves. And they only half ass did it and even today foolish people still believe them.

Good, you cannot libel and slander people, even under the guise of "journalism". I hope they get raked over the coals.
Nope, did not take a week

In another thread on the same topic, I posted all the corrections WP posted within hours/days of the story first coming out.

Wondering why the slander against Mayor Pete is not getting the same kind of "outrage" that I'm seeing on this thread btw.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
Nope, did not take a week

In another thread on the same topic, I posted all the corrections WP posted within hours/days of the story first coming out.

Wondering why the slander against Mayor Pete is not getting the same kind of "outrage" that I'm seeing on this thread btw.

You are lying now. What the fuck are you getting hysterical over mayor pete now? why derail when you are outed as a prevaricator?

MAGA hat-wearing rich kids harass a native American protester to a cheering crowd

Please show me where the media got the story right, in this thread.

Please show me today where they admit nathan phillips lied about his service.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
How is playing dumb / forgetful helping you?
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. You suggested the MSNBC was legally liable for not publishing a retraction of a story. I pointed out that the family is from a state that has no laws regarding the the publication of redactions.

For there to be a valid case, a law has to have been broken. If there are no federal laws broken, and no state laws broken ... I'm not sure where the case can go. This is why they will take a settlement.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
You are lying now. What the fuck are you getting hysterical over mayor pete now? why derail when you are outed as a prevaricator?

MAGA hat-wearing rich kids harass a native American protester to a cheering crowd

Please show me where the media got the story right, in this thread.

Please show me today where they admit nathan phillips lied about his service.
How am I lying when again, I literally posted in another thread the timeline of the WP stories - that was updated all the time, including the day of the incident?

The article about Mayor Pete was 100% false, but I did not see you get into a tizzy over that article.