Crenshaw Calls Out Omar for Describing 9/11 Attacks as 'Some People Did Something'

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Please respect my sensitivity.

Do you have a safe space I can borrow?

How bout Play Doh?

Coloring books?

A therapy dog?

A therapy stripper?
What do you have against therapy strippers?

Wait a minute here. If a stripper is considered to be of theraputical value does that mean my medicare might pay for visits to a strip club to get therapy?

Jul 2014
midwest
What do you have against therapy strippers?

Wait a minute here. If a stripper is considered to be of theraputical value does that mean my medicare might pay for visits to a strip club to get therapy?
Different folks for different strokes!

An effective therapy for one person is not necessarily and effective therapy for some others.

The question is...Can you deduct your strip club expenses as a legitimate medical expense?

And, is it too late to file an amended tax return?

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
Please point out the untruths in AOC's tweet.
How many co-sponsors does a bill need in order to be heard/voted on? Who cares if Crenshaw co-sponsors it or not? He's still free to vote yes or no on it.

She fabricates an issue in an attempt to defend her new bestie from criticism while questioning the dedication of a man who fought actual terrorism and it's ridiculous.

Jul 2014
CA
You do know that Crenshaw and the right wing media did not include her entire quote right?

I'm not a big fan of hers, but this one is beyond the pale

Her actual "full comment"

Here’s the truth. For far too long we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen and, frankly, I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it. CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties. So you can’t just say that today someone is looking at me strange and that I am trying to make myself look pleasant. You have to say that this person is looking at me strange, I am not comfortable with it, and I am going to talk to them and ask them why. Because that is the right you have.”

In the speech, Omar defended herself from criticism that she was too critical of some Islamic countries, such as Egypt and Saudi Arabia, for their human rights records. “It doesn’t matter if that country is being run by my father, my brother, my sister,” she said. “I will still criticize that country because I know every country is capable of living up to its best.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...omars-remarks-context/?utm_term=.f455370b30f5

And, of course, Trump just fanned the flames as much as he could do

Trump on Friday targeted Representative Ilhan Omar for remarks she made during a speech on civil rights and Muslims in America with a graphic video featuring the burning World Trade Center towers and other images from Sept. 11, 2001, that he tweeted to millions of his followers.

The Twitter post from the president stoked and amplified a controversy that has been a focus of conservative news outlets, which have sought to elevate Ms. Omar — a Minnesota Democrat and one of the first Muslim women elected to Congress — as a political target, as Mr. Trump’s re-election campaign begins in earnest.

At issue were remarks that Ms. Omar made last month at an event hosted by the Council on American-Islamic Relations. There, she gave a speech in which she addressed lingering fear directed at Muslims, and the rights Muslims have to speak out about being viewed with suspicion.

Conservative news outlets and some Republican officials have focused on the words “some people did something,” arguing that Ms. Omar was playing down the attacks that killed more than 3,000 people and led to two yearslong wars. The video the president tweeted also focused on those four words from Ms. Omar’s speech.

Trump Assails Ilhan Omar With Video of 9/11 Attacks

So maybe the Trump party should actually think before they post something so incendiary. We already know a man was arrested last week that wanted to kill her.