Cruel Xians leave fake $20 tip

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
A waiter in Kansas is another victim of cruel Christians leaving hard working servers fake tips in the form of religious tracts disguised as money.
Tech Insider reports on one recent incident:
17-year-old Garret Wayman, who works as a waiter at a restaurant in a suburb of Wichita, Kansas, said he was excited on Tuesday to see a $20 bill tucked under a ketchup bottle as a tip.
But on closer inspection, his excitement turned to irritation after he said he realized the tip was a fake.
A customer had really left Wayman a religious pamphlet disguised to look like money that recommends he seek “faith thru Jesus Christ” and start reading the bible.​

Wayman said:
I’m 17-years-old, $7,000 in debt because I had to buy myself a car, juggling full-time school, and working seven days a week.​
He said when he first spotted the fake tip tucked under a ketchup bottle he was very excited:
Getting a $20 tip at the restaurant I work at is very, very rare.​

More below.

Cruel Christians Leave Fake $20 Tips Promoting Jesus

This is the ultimate in low. What classless jackasses. I’d spit in these scumbag’s food next time.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Um....I was a server....this is kind of common.
The $20 is an old marketing trick to get immediate impression (an impression is when someone looks at an ad, whether they buy or not).

The kid may or may have not deserved the tip - but he is getting a little lesson in life here, which I think it invaluable.

No you can't eat the lesson, or pay your car note with the lesson, but it's still a lesson.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Did the server receive no tip at all? (did he earn a tip?)

Difference between getting stiffed and just being annoyed because he didn't hit the jackpot.

Am a little curious what the overall bill for the mean was...?

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
The $20 is an old marketing trick to get immediate impression (an impression is when someone looks at an ad, whether they buy or not).

The kid may or may have not deserved the tip - but he is getting a little lesson in life here, which I think it invaluable.

No you can't eat the lesson, or pay your car note with the lesson, but it's still a lesson.
Sensationalized "tip outrages" are not uncommon either. Particularly those ones that end up on the interwebs.

Be interesting to hear the full story around the event...

Jul 2014
midwest
Sensationalized "tip outrages" are not uncommon either. Particularly those ones that end up on the interwebs.

Exactly right.

Just as fake reviews are commonplace.

Much as Yelp reviews should be viewed like Olympic judging scores:

Throw out the high scores, and the low scores...

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
Lots of servers make practically nothing In wages. They mainly work for tips. A lot of them are trying to work their way through college. This is an insult. Not only making them think they have made a nice little tip, but actually giving them something totally useless.
And yet another example of Xians shoving religion down our throats.

Jun 2014
United States

Being an asshat is not a crime, but yeah... let's wait until we hear the rest of the story.

Why not?