Cruel Xians leave fake $20 tip

Feb 2014
Michigan
Actually, in Judaism Jesus has no status at all, and certainly not a prophet of any kind. And if the Tanakh (what you call the "Old Testament") is irrelevant to your religion, why does your "New Testament" bother to quote it? Or list the supposed lineage for your Jesus?
The old Testament IS important....But mainly for historical purposes. Of course the NT speaks of the old...But with Jesus, the old became the new. And the New is what changed the world for the better. The Messiah to come was mentioned several times in the OT.

Feb 2014
Michigan
No, the Born AGain Evangelical movement is creating their own bible. It's not the Christian bible.d So, it is NOT the infallible word of any god. It's the word of rich guys who want you to worship them.,
You know what....I'm not disagreeing with you on that. I know people have removed books from the Bible. I know that when people have deciphered it, there were many mistakes. I know when it's been rewritten, things were added or lost. All I can do is get what I can out of it and trust in God to help me see. I don't go to church. I used to, but have a problem with hypocrites. Most Christians are great people, but many wear their religion on their sleeve and do nothing but give the rest of us a bad look.

Feb 2014
Michigan
Then there are those of us who see all these phoney religious guys separating the world so they can steal more money.
I see that too! If a Preacher doesn't teach the entire Bible....the good and the bad...they are not working for God. I also believe God didn't mean for Preachers to become millionaires while their people are suffering. I see the biggest abuser is Joel Osteen. It makes me sad how many people he's suckered in! Another is Benny Hinn....what a fake!

Feb 2014
Michigan
Oh so you’re saying that if a good person who does good things will burn in hell because she doesn’t worship Jesus. That certainly doesn’t speak very highly of him. I think I’m going to try that in the classroom. If kids don’t worship me I’m going to flunk them.
You're doing really well with the stupid comments today.
I have never told anyone that they would burn in hell. I know what the Bible says, some people take that literally. I believe there's some kind of repercussion for denying Him. I also believe in Hell. But I don't believe that he would send all nonbelievers there. At least I pray he doesnt. My parents and other.members of my family were not believers....But they were wonderful people. I can't believe I won't see them again.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
The old Testament IS important....But mainly for historical purposes.
You did not answer the specific questions posed.
Of course the NT speaks of the old...But with Jesus, the old became the new.
You cannot have it both ways.
And the New is what changed the world for the better.
That is a matter of opinion.
The Messiah to come was mentioned several times in the OT.
And was not Jesus any of those times.