Cultural appropriation can be beautiful lol

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
I thought everybody who took those tests always came back Irish.

I've been cultivating a conspiracy theory about it. You ever know anyone who took one of those DNA tests that didn't come back Irish? Even Obama came back Irish.

Ive often wondered if there's one big lab in Ireland that does all these tests and the cleaning ladies spit shine all the test tubes.
It's just a bot that auto-mails you the results.

Like how you look for any reason for an ailment on the internet - always cancer.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
You're showing things that are obviously not cultural appropriation to show that cultural appropriation isn't a real thing.
LOL that is not what I was doing. I was having fun. I said to another poster that bringing up the Samurai and then that movie led us talking more about movies than stupid 'CA' was far for interesting for me. Lighten up. Calm down.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
It is funny how many people who don't believe cultural appropriation is a real thing have a hard time finding a word to describe why they didnt like Hamilton on Broadway. Or why they were so outraged at Rose and Fin and General weirdhair in the Star Wars films.

Or yeah, a non white Santa or Jesus. Both of whome came from the Middle East.

Oregon couple finds black Santa Claus inflatable slashed in front yard: 'It felt like a hate crime'

Wasnt St Nick from what is now Turkey??
It isn't that CA is not a real thing, it's that it is misused and misapplied, as I stated, which you obviously missed. Once again, it has a meaning and white people doing anything that other cultures do isn't that.

I will refer again to the Urban Dictionary definition:

The idiotic conflation of culture with racism. Essentially the absurd belief that the cultural exchange that has served to enrich humanity throughout all of human history is wrong because racists exist.

SJW: OMG, look at that white girl with dreadlocks! That's cultural appropriation!

Sane individual: Eat a bag of dicks.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
This thread is turning into one discussing some of the best movies of all time. Which is a better way to spend time than talking about Cultural Appropriation. I am done. D.O.N.E. with SJW's misusing these terms, misapplying these terms, and demanding everyone go along with their incorrect applications.
This is what I said early on @BarKnuckles . Please stop twisting my words.