Cultural benefits of female polyamory

Sep 2019
Evolution's bosom
While it is arguable that marriage as a social institution is a civilizing force, and beneficial to a tribe, there are other arguments to be made as well:

As per evolutionary psychologist Robert Wright, while some couples have "ideal" marriages and relationships, in other cases, the result is lopsided, and unhappy. Marriage as a social or religious institution may have a "special" status, however marriage in a purely legislative sense is often more about maintaining social order and preventing feuds, or simply about making "miserably married couples" less miserable.

In some cases, for example - a marriage or couple may be "lopsided" - there is some humorous folk wisdom about this, such as "nice guy" or "bad boy" clichés (or vice versa).

From the evolutionary perspective - opposites tend to balance out, with aberrant "extremes" in either direction tending to be less desirable than balanced ones.

In some cases, for example - a woman may be married to a male who is viewed as "stable", such as in having a steady source of income, but not physically "attractive", and therefore less genetically inclined to produce evolutionarily fit children.

In these cases, it may arguably be in the woman's utility, as well as that of the tribe - to cheat with an "attractive" male, but to marry the "unattractive" male" - or to effectively have "two husbands", so to speak - one for raising the child, another for siring the child.

(Often some males, such as "incels" believe they are somehow entitled to sex from a woman simply for marrying or providing for her, but evolutionarily speaking, this is not true
- the other extreme may be one who is able to sleep with a woman due to being attractive, but unable to marry her because he is seen as "immature" or unstable - likely creating resentment as well).

---

Obviously an 'ideal" mate of either sex would combine both "stability" and "attractiveness" to some degree, but in the event that he lacks one or the other, why should a woman forego what is in evolution's utility, simply for the sake of "Judeo-Christian" morals or archaic cultural traditions?

(As an example, when I was younger, I hooked up with women who a friend later told me were already married or dating - this was not intentional and I didn't "pursue" it after I found out, and I viewed it as immature and adolescent, but from an evolutionary perspective, sadly, "makes sense").

Last edited:
Mar 2019
God's Country
Polyamory does not encourage any long term commitment, where marriage defined by God does. Polyamorous relationships hurt children, and create fatherless homes. This is the breakdown of society.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
The traditional family is the building block of society. Father, mother and biological children with an intact family statistically turns out for the best results across all boards (grades, behavior, discipline, future income, good citizen) for the kids.

All we have to do is look at the epidemic of single mothers in our cities to see how that has turned out. A lot of women that have kids by multiple fathers. And these inner city schools are zoos and undisciplined.

Reactions: Hognoxious
Sep 2013
On a hill
Polyamory does not encourage any long term commitment, where marriage defined by God does. Polyamorous relationships hurt children, and create fatherless homes. This is the breakdown of society.
So does poverty.