Cynthia Nixon On Being Gay: ‘For Me It’s A Choice’

Apr 2015
Mid ATL
Your response sucked .. Just sayin'
And kindly don't lecture me on "reality"..
THANKS!!
Just sayin’?
How far did you go through formal education? You have a rather poor ability to reason, converse, or debate. On top of that I’d question your grip on reality.

Jun 2014
United States
Thats kind of what I suspect about people who conflate sexual attraction with sexual acts. They don’t know the difference because they don’t actually experience the former, (or if they do it’s very weak) and they do the latter because they feel obligated, not because they truly want to.

You know, I feel sympathy for the asexual among us, but I certainty don't want to put them in charge of how my own (or anyone else's) sex life should be limited.

Apr 2015
Mid ATL
The explanation of bisexual people is that they are attracted to both men and women. Are you really that out of touch with sexual education? How does that imply that their tendency to be attracted to both men and women isn't innate? It doesn't. You didn't think this through.

Are you seriously claiming they choose to be attracted to both men and women? Do you choose to be attracted to whomever you are attracted to? Of course not.
Of course one chooses whom they wish to sleep with. In the case of a bisexual person it can be man or woman and in any combination they seem willing to. That’s of course a choice.
But it doesn’t fit the “born this way” attitude of being born either straight or gay. So (like I said) we are all born with preferences that span a sexual spectrum. And than at that point, we choose who our partners will be.
I think I’ve got it thought through rather well if you care to understand.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Of course one chooses whom they wish to sleep with. In the case of a bisexual person it can be man or woman and in any combination they seem willing to. That’s of course a choice.
But it doesn’t fit the “born this way” attitude of being born either straight or gay. So (like I said) we are all born with preferences that span a sexual spectrum. And than at that point, we choose who our partners will be.
I think I’ve got it thought through rather well if you care to understand.
You seem to want it both ways. You concede that people are born with preferences that span a sexual spectrum, but that somehow doesn't fit the attitude of being "born this way"...

Do you want to take another crack at that?

Reactions: NightSwimmer
Nov 2008
Washington state
I sincerely doubt that you'd be facing a judge merely for finding children sexually attractive. You'd have to have chosen to act on those impulses in order to have been charged with a crime, and in that case I sincerely doubt that "I have a natural attraction to underage children" would pass muster as a defense.

Of course, having sex with underage children is a crime, whereas having sex with a consenting adult is not.
Laws can be changed to meet Societal changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 2015
Mid ATL
You seem to want it both ways. You concede that people are born with preferences that span a sexual spectrum, but that somehow doesn't fit the attitude of being "born this way"...

Do you want to take another crack at that?
What I’m saying is you’re not just born one way or the other. It’s not possibly that simple.
And our behavior and how we act out sexually is clearly a choice.
Strictly stating “born that way” doesn’t hold any explanation for behavior deemed socially unacceptable. It means not everyone is born into one narrow sexual archetype. Some people are gay at birth and some have chosen such a lifestyle. The two are not exclusive to all humans.