Dallas police officer went to wrong apartment and killed a man

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
It seems they got a warrant, after the fact, and found some weed in the murdered man's apartment...How far will they go to discredit the shooting victim?

Oct 2014
British expat in USA
Not sure what point they're trying to make. Surely it's too late to change the story to claim she was there to conduct a legitimate search.

Plus, they found weed in a dead man's apartment? The police aren't above planting evidence, especially when they're feeling embarrassed by being caught doing something wrong.

May 2016
Florida
This is the tweet that got people on Twitter so upset - they took it as trying to discredit the victim.

That seems to be the standard operating procedure when an event happens like this and they want to criminalize the victim. When the Trayvon incident happened, they talked about his marijauana use and how he had "burglary tools" in his backpack at school.

'murica.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
I haven't seen them discrediting him for that.
Imagine a black cop mistakenly/drunkenly invading a white woman's apartment and shooting her dead. Would you expect that the PD go for a warrant to search HER apartment for incriminating evidence?
They were looking for an excuse to have shot him. "One less drug dealer off the street" kind of excuse.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
It seems they got a warrant, after the fact, and found some weed in the murdered man's apartment...How far will they go to discredit the shooting victim?
Police are a corrupt mafia of their own, no different in Russia or US it seems. And, frankly, shit like that happens here in Canada too...

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
Imagine a black cop mistakenly/drunkenly invading a white woman's apartment and shooting her dead. Would you expect that the PD go for a warrant to search HER apartment for incriminating evidence?
They were looking for an excuse to have shot him. "One less drug dealer off the street" kind of excuse.
I think the blue line goes above race. I think they will go to any lengths to protect their own regardless. I do think they'd discredit the white woman in your scenario too.