Dallas police officer went to wrong apartment and killed a man

May 2012
By the wall
Dupe thread: Cop enters wrong apartment, kills black man in apartment

Anyway, it's paranoia IMHO Probably drug induced, yes. Fueled in part by your gun culture in America. See someone unfamiliar, shoot at them... Civilized people don't think that way. But those raised in NRA philosophy do, unfortunately...
Need I remind you of the philosophy you were raised in friend?

You didn't follow that creed.

Kind of debunks your point doesn't it?

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
While I almost always side with the officers in these cases there is even a limit for me.

Let's string this idiot up, I will bring the rope.
there are just toom any incidents like this they happen several times a day, i will say one thing , a lot of the problem isnt cops at all , in fact i understand why they are so jumpy.. this society is awash in guns, cops make the assumption you are armed even if you are not, and that is a fair assumption to make, in other cultures the assumption is you are not armed bacause few are other than terrorists and upper echelon crooks the vast majority of people say in canada or austrlia or europe dont walk around packing, in texas its legal to walk around with gun, yu dont even have to have a permit, and that is a big part of this problem, its no excuse for poor traing wchi is also an incredment, but i am teling you it wil come out she was drunk off her little ole ass shes been out drinking i have no doubt

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Dupe thread: Cop enters wrong apartment, kills black man in apartment

Anyway, it's paranoia IMHO Probably drug induced, yes. Fueled in part by your gun culture in America. See someone unfamiliar, shoot at them... Civilized people don't think that way. But those raised in NRA philosophy do, unfortunately...
she was on drugs and yes the gun culture, especially the south, per capita ownership of guns is double in the south and the laws are much less strict than northern states, if you look at average crime rate they are about double in the south

May 2012
By the wall
there are just toom any incidents like this they happen several times a day, i will say one thing , a lot of the problem isnt cops at all , in fact i understand why they are so jumpy.. this society is awash in guns, cops make the assumption you are armed even if you are not, and that is a fair assumption to make, in other cultures the assumption is you are not armed bacause few are other than terrorists and upper echelon crooks the vast majority of people say in canada or austrlia or europe dont walk around packing, in texas its legal to walk around with gun, yu dont even have to have a permit, and that is a big part of this problem, its no excuse for poor traing wchi is also an incredment, but i am teling you it wil come out she was drunk off her little ole ass shes been out drinking i have no doubt
93 officers have died in the line of duty through September of this year.

That eclipses the whole year of 2017.

Do you think that may have something to do with it?

Preliminary 2018 Fatality Statistics

People criticize the police and say they should give the person the benefit of the doubt but that increases the chance they won't go back to their families.

Most shoots are completely justified, some aren't.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Need I remind you of the philosophy you were raised in friend?

You didn't follow that creed.

Kind of debunks your point doesn't it?
I stopped following it, after getting the hell out of that country, to be fair...

And some of it I still will follow. If someone hurts my wife or kids, I will kill them, period, just as it is taught back there...

But, I do see your point, yes :)

Just, it does seem to be a culture among cops in the US to go for their guns, much more so than in Canada or any European countries...

May 2012
By the wall
I stopped following it, after getting the hell out of that country, to be fair...

And some of it I still will follow. If someone hurts my wife or kids, I will kill them, period, just as it is taught back there...

But, I do see your point, yes :)

Just, it does seem to be a culture among cops in the US to go for their guns, much more so than in Canada or any European countries...
Europe is a different culture than America, we are unique, as is Russia.

South America will never be Europe nor will Asia.

Comparing any of us to them is irrelevant, they have a completely different history and culture.

In fact, we broke from Europe because we WANTED to be opposite of them.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
93 officers have died in the line of duty through September of this year.

That eclipses the whole year of 2017.

Do you think that may have something to do with it?

Preliminary 2018 Fatality Statistics

People criticize the police and say they should give the person the benefit of the doubt but that increases the chance they won't go back to their families.

Most shoots are completely justified, some aren't.
do you know how many police officers died in the uk last year?
zero
in fact the last time a cop died there i think it was like 2015
understand my point now?
its the guns
arm the police i understand they have to be armed but improve their training
and disarm civilians
i'm not saying completely because i know that isn't realistic
but too many people have guns
too many of the wrong sort
the average person doesnt have any business with a gun of any sort
hunters fine take a test get a licesne to show your fit
your a sportsman you like to shoot paper targets? okay
join a gun club take a medical test to show you are fit
get some training let the members of your club assess you are a square guy or gal
and btw you dont need a bazzoka to shot a paper target, 22lr in most cases is all you need
self defense? in the canada and most european nations this is forbidden except swiss and the czech
but even they have rules
in the czech you want to use a gun for self defense you have to state that when you apply for the license most are approved after training and a medical check
but you have to show cause