Dallas police officer went to wrong apartment and killed a man

Jan 2018
Fl.
She made a statement, Saying she thought it was her apartment, the door was slightly ajar with the lights off. When she entered she she saw the silhouette of a man. She issued several Verbal commands she said were ignored so she opened fire !! Which doesn't make since. if she thought somebody was in her apartment should have called for back - up.
Dallas Officer Claims Botham Jean Ignored Her 'Verbal Commands' | HuffPost
there are several witnesses who tell a different story.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
She made a statement, Saying she thought it was her apartment, the door was slightly ajar with the lights off. When she entered she she saw the silhouette of a man. She issued several Verbal commands she said were ignored so she opened fire !! Which doesn't make since. if she thought somebody was in her apartment should have called for back - up.
Dallas Officer Claims Botham Jean Ignored Her 'Verbal Commands' | HuffPost
there are several witnesses who tell a different story.
Attorney Lee Merritt, who is representing Jean’s family, said two witnesses had different accounts of what happened.

“They heard knocking down the hallway, followed by a woman’s voice that they believe to be Officer Guyger saying, ‘Let me in, let me in.'”

Nov 2017
Colorado
Attorney Lee Merritt, who is representing Jean’s family, said two witnesses had different accounts of what happened.

“They heard knocking down the hallway, followed by a woman’s voice that they believe to be Officer Guyger saying, ‘Let me in, let me in.'”
Yes, I saw that too, but it doesn't make sense. Why would she be saying, "Let me in" if she thought she was at her apartment?

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
Yes, I saw that too, but it doesn't make sense. Why would she be saying, "Let me in" if she thought she was at her apartment?
I have no idea. The entire thing is nuts. I'm not sure how reliable 'ear witnesses' are. How would they know her voice to say it sounded like her? Could be two separate things.

One thing is sure, she was given a lot of time to get her story straight. I'm a little cynical about the Texas Rangers giving her that time. They said there was some new information they needed to look at. Well, what was that? Again, because I am cynical, it just makes me think this is your everyday blue wall crap.

When do we get to know the toxicology report? Will this trial be televised? It should. This case has INTERNATIONAL interest. She was NOT on duty, there should be NO special treatment.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
OK so the actual warrant for her arrest says that when asked the address, she went to the front door to give it, only then realizing she was not home. If she thought she was home, wouldn't she rattle off HER apartment number? She is full of shit. Or too plastered to remember her newish apt. number. (lived there a month) but entering the 4th floor garage instead of the 3rd at least makes it more understandable to think she was on her FLOOR. Affidavit: Officer Shot Into Darkened Apt., Killing Resident

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Well of course, and we also have the benefit of knowing all the details, something nobody back then had.

Its just interesting to see how close Germany was to actual victory.

The only nation they couldn't defeat militarily was the US and its doubtful they would have been able to hold Russia and China for very long under complete control.
Not a
They never even attacked Moscow, Hitler diverted his forces south instead.

lol
How ridiculous. They attacked Moscow, made it all the way to the suburbs and were turned back. All you have to do is Google "Battle Of Moscow", Hitler devoted enormous resources in an attempt to capture Moscow, and failed.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
They never even attacked Moscow, Hitler diverted his forces south instead.

lol
Here are your fucking Germans, the ones that survived, anyway

I dare say they ended up envying their dead comrades, later, in the GULag camps :)

Don't talk about crap you have little knowledge of. Nobody ever defeated the Russians on their own land. That's a fact.