Dallas police officer went to wrong apartment and killed a man

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
Yes, I saw that too, but it doesn't make sense. Why would she be saying, "Let me in" if she thought she was at her apartment?
The witness could be mistaken; or the officer could be lying and the 'wrong apartment' story is a an alibi.

I find it odd that she's been charged with manslaughter so quickly. I know that we don't have the full story, but wouldn't some more investigation to figure out what actually happened make sense?

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
I find it odd that she's been charged with manslaughter so quickly. I know that we don't have the full story, but wouldn't some more investigation to figure out what actually happened make sense?
If you mean why not murder, the grand jury will have that option. At the present time there is no evidence of malice or forethought.

Nov 2014
Canada
93 officers have died in the line of duty through September of this year.

That eclipses the whole year of 2017.

Do you think that may have something to do with it?

Preliminary 2018 Fatality Statistics

People criticize the police and say they should give the person the benefit of the doubt but that increases the chance they won't go back to their families.

Most shoots are completely justified, some aren't.
I think you misread the chart. Both time frames covered Jan. 1 - Sept. 11 for each year. Further, as of those 93, 38 were firearms related, 33 were traffic related.

Nov 2014
Canada
It makes no sense she didn't know it was her home. Every home smells different, it "feels" different. I also understand he had a red mat outside his door while she had no mat.

And she shouted a warning? He's in his own home and someone walks in the front door and starts shouting? Why do I imagine it went something like:

"POLICE!! PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!!!"

*beat*

BANG!

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
I don't think so, of that would make her more stupid than it already is. She has a reason to murder the guy and this is her master plan to get away with it?
If it was murder, it was clearly not carefully premeditated. Less a cunning master plan than a 'fuck! I killed him! How the hell do I explain this?!"