'Dancing With The Stars' Chaz Bono Controversy

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
[video=youtube;198k0ZfhI8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198k0ZfhI8g[/video]

He's a class act and I'm impressed. And I have no problem with letting my kids watch the show.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
[video=youtube;198k0ZfhI8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198k0ZfhI8g[/video]

He's a class act and I'm impressed. And I have no problem with letting my kids watch the show.
It's not the type of show I usually watch. But I will now because of the haters.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
The Family Research Council is usually wrong about everything anyway.

And maybe the people who find this to be scary television should have their kids watch Jersey Shore instead.

Reactions: Vortex
Dec 2006
It's not the type of show I usually watch. But I will now because of the haters.
It's sort of cheesy, but the thing I like about it is the fact that the professional dancer is the choreographer and they have to develop routines for these people who are not professional dancers. And learning new choreography quickly is part of being a professional dancer, but watching non-professionals go through that is also fascinating to me. I don't even know half the people on the show, but I still like to watch it.

If you do tune in, pay attention to Derrick Hough. He is masterful as creating choreography at just the right skill level for his partner. Some of the other professionals try to dance around their partner - you'll see who they are without me telling you.

Dec 2006
The Family Research Council is usually wrong about everything anyway.

And maybe the people who find this to be scary television should have their kids watch Jersey Shore instead.
Maybe they should be complaining about some of the costumes and the song choices instead - at least that has some legitimacy.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
The Bible-beater kids wouldn't even know that Chaz is anything out of the ordinary if their parents weren't telling them about it a making a big deal out of it.
Well said. Chaz isn't out of the ordinary. Those making a big deal out of it are.

Sep 2011
Geneva, CH and Rochester, NY
Not my kinda show. That said, I got no problem with Chaz Bono, nor do I have a problem with my kid finding out some people have sex changes. I don't think I'd go as far as to say that what he's done to himself isn't out of the ordinary, because it is. Doesn't mean it's wrong, just... different. I like different.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
So this controversy, Is he winning because of his skill, or because he's fat and nobody wants to seem fattist?