David Cameron to pull 500 British troops out of Afghanistan,to send to the UAE.

Dec 2012
UK
So the leader of the conservative party (AKA "The nasty party") is to pull 500 hundred troops out of Afghanistan so a number of them can be based in the United Arab Emirates which is under investigation by the Federal National Counci, for alleged human rights abuse.

The announcment comes after urgeing the UAE to buy 60 Typhoon fighter jets off BAE and comes after selling tear gas and other riot control gear to Bahrain and Libya.

The likely reason? Iran. He is qouted as saying:

"Iran does pose a threat in two ways. First of all, if Iran is embarked on trying to acquire a nuclear weapon, as I believe it is, that is a threat in itself, particularly given what Iran has said about other countries in the region, and in particular about Israel, about wanting to 'wipe it off the map'."

Not content with repeating a major bit of misreporting in regards to Iran wanting to wipe Isreal off the map, he acted as if Iran, which from what I've read up on, hasn't attacked another country since 1826, would be a threat, and all these other countries with nuclear weapons aren't.

It's looking like we might be off to war again, that'll be good for business and unemployment, it always is, it's going to be a case of watch this space!

I will just say, while I'm not supporting of Isreal, it's actions in Gaza/Palestine and the settlements, I do believe it has a right to exist, just wish it wouldn't do what it did, and lobbing bombs over the border to Isreal ain't going to change their mindset and view.

My sources: Britain could build up its military presence in the Gulf to counter Iran threat - Telegraph FNC to throw spotlight on human-rights in UAE - The National Israeli Minister Agrees Ahmadinejad Never Said Israel 'Must Be Wiped Off the Map' - NYTimes.com UK arms sales to Middle East include tear gas and crowd control ammunition to Bahrain and Libya - CAAT http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20202058

Reactions: nonsqtr
Jan 2008
Vertiform City
UAE? That is interesting. Dubai has turned into quite the hornet's nest, from what I hear. Maybe a near-future hotbed for spying activity and stuff like that. Spies like free markets with a little bit of turmoil. :glee:

Reactions: 1 person
Aug 2010
If I were Cameron my only focus would be on domestic economy..NOTHING else. Recall all troops and equipment. Cancel all foreign aid.

Dec 2012
UK
If I were Cameron my only focus would be on domestic economy..NOTHING else. Recall all troops and equipment. Cancel all foreign aid.
I'm in two minds about foregin aid, I'm in favour of helping other, but it bypasses the people it was intended for, and goes straight to leaders, as I hear is the case in some African countries, or when we give it to India, who seem able to built a space rocket, but not deal help their hungry and poor or the caste system.

But that's just claims by the press, I couldn't tell you what aid really goes on...

Aug 2010
I'm in two minds about foregin aid, I'm in favour of helping other, but it bypasses the people it was intended for, and goes straight to leaders, as I hear is the case in some African countries, or when we give it to India, who seem able to built a space rocket, but not deal help their hungry and poor or the caste system.

But that's just claims by the press, I couldn't tell you what aid really goes on...
If the UK was doing better economically then giving aid would be Ok.

Dec 2012
UK
If the UK was doing better economically then giving aid would be Ok.
Well, the systems broken, but I'm afraid we're stuck in looking for a scapegoat, and too busy consuming and watching soaps and dramas.

Going to be an interesting few years ahead....

Aug 2010
Well, the systems broken, but I'm afraid we're stuck in looking for a scapegoat, and too busy consuming and watching soaps and dramas.

Going to be an interesting few years ahead....
Systems seem to be breaking everywhere and the people let it happen or are powerless to change it. Humans have broke down.