Dayton Police Killed Shooter Within 30 Seconds Of 1st Shot, Police Chief Says

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Not really. But I do know just the mention of banning them causes people to horde them. Which ends up making it even worse since people sell them on the black market then. Just look at El Paso gun stores today, they are selling out.

In El Paso, scared Hispanic Americans rush to buy guns
Can you name a single mass shooting where black market weapons were use?
I can't.
(the BM is not needed when you can buy them legally)

Edit: A few people holding them is fine if they are later prevented from reselling them.
We need that law....again.

Last edited:
Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Awesome you had the opportunity to go the the airport!

I read several articles on Sherrod Brown and his decision to met with trump, none mentioned your claim....*shrug*

Biden, "the tragic events in Houston today and also in Michigan the day before,"
Tough, I heard Brown say it. That he had not planned to be there but Nan called and asked him to be there for her and he drove back from Cleveland.

Nov 2014
North Carolina

It took about 30 seconds to bring down the gunman who killed nine people and injured 27 others in a crowded section of downtown Dayton, Ohio, early on Sunday morning — just hours after another scene of violence in the Texas city of El Paso.

But figuring out why the alleged shooter, Connor Betts, who lived with his family in a sleepy suburban Midwestern community, descended on scores of innocent people — including his younger sister and a friend — is a question that will take much longer to solve, said Dayton Police Chief Richard Biehl in a news conference Sunday afternoon.

What officials have offered is a timeline of the deadly events that ended in dozens of lives upended almost instantly. On-duty officers first heard shots at 1:05 a.m. as they patrolled what is normally a safe and lively part of the city just before local bars shut down. Within approximately 20 seconds, six officers were running toward the hail of bullets pouring from the shooter's .223-caliber high capacity rifle with 100-round drum magazines.

What We Know About The Victims Of The Dayton Shooting
NATIONAL
What We Know About The Victims Of The Dayton Shooting
Police Identify Suspected Dayton, Ohio, Shooter; 9 Dead, 27 Injured
NATIONAL
Police Identify Suspected Dayton, Ohio, Shooter; 9 Dead, 27 Injured
"They engaged a suspect who was actively firing and attempting to enter a crowded liquor establishment," Biehl said.

Ten seconds later, the shooter, who was wearing a mask, a bulletproof vest and hearing protection, was dead. Lying beside the body was a shotgun that had not been discharged.

"The threat was neutralized at approximately 30 seconds of the suspect firing his first shots," Biehl said.

A good guy with a gun is of no use when military firepower is sold on the street.
Thoughts?
My thoughts: I find it curious how the political views of the Dayton Shooter is obscured and largely ignored by our media where as the political views of the El Paso shooter is all they can talk about. Isn't it funny how that works: and how certain stories receive so much more exposure when they fit the desired narrative of our politically-motivated media.

Also: it's my understanding the Dayton Shooter had plenty of firepower to kill lots of people. What stopped the larger massacre was the fact he was shot before he entered the populated area. I should also point out if a good guy is of no use when military firepower is sold on the street - neither would be useless regulation when this same firepower can simply be purchased on the street either.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
My thoughts: I find it curious how the political views of the Dayton Shooter is obscured and largely ignored by our media where as the political views of the El Paso shooter is all they can talk about. Isn't it funny how that works: and how certain stories receive so much more exposure when they fit the desired narrative of our politically-motivated media.

Also: it's my understanding the Dayton Shooter had plenty of firepower to kill lots of people. What stopped the larger massacre was the fact he was shot before he entered the populated area. I should also point out if a good guy is of no use when military firepower is sold on the street - neither would be useless regulation when this same firepower can simply be purchased on the street either.
The simple point is that those weapons should not be sold to the public.
Pretty simple,eh?

Nov 2014
North Carolina
The simple point is that those weapons should not be sold to the public.
Pretty simple,eh?
But these guns will still be readily available for purchase on the streets even if you ban them.

That's a pretty simple point too.

That's why talk of regulating guns is pointless so long as we have hundreds of millions of firearms on the black market - which is awash in assault rifles.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Can you name a single mass shooting where black market weapons were use?
I can't.
(the BM is not needed when you can buy them legally)

Edit: A few people holding them is fine if they are later prevented from reselling them.
We need that law....again.
Well yes. There were mass shootings between 1994 and 2004 during the AWB. So they either were black market weapons or illegal ones.

"There were five mass shootings in 1999 alone; the Columbine Massacre occurred in April 1999, and four other mass shooting incidents followed soon after."

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/204431.pdf
Changes in US mass shooting deaths associated with the 1994-2004 federal assault weapons ban: Analysis of open-source data. - PubMed - NCBI