Decriminalization of Prostitution in New York

Dec 2018
Florida
First of all, no one - much less the government itself - is promoting "government-run prostitution." Second of all, "family values" is code for a specific religious tradition within a particular religion.
Oh, but the government would get their fair share of the revenue. Only 2 things in life are certain after all.

Reactions: The Man

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Oh, but the government would get their fair share of the revenue. Only 2 things in life are certain after all.
A government can get its share whether its legal or not...

In Russia, it's criminalized. Crooked cops, prosecutors, and FSB agents make money from brothels anyway, through illegal "protection" rackets, with mafia goons they employ on the ground...

Dec 2018
Florida
Here is another interesting article from a survivor of the industry:

I mean. I think if she can speak to exploitation from New York to Nevada? I am not prone to just believe her, but the evidence seems to suggest that the industry looks to do nothing more than exploit the workers. One doesn’t have to be religious to be morally opposed to an industry like this.

Dec 2018
Florida
A government can get its share whether its legal or not...

In Russia, it's criminalized. Crooked cops, prosecutors, and FSB agents make money from brothels anyway, through illegal "protection" rackets, with mafia goons they employ on the ground...
Sure. But at least if someone is willing to stand up to it...you can potentially prosecute the government getting it then. End of day? It isn’t a good idea.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Here is another interesting article from a survivor of the industry:

I mean. I think if she can speak to exploitation from New York to Nevada? I am not prone to just believe her, but the evidence seems to suggest that the industry looks to do nothing more than exploit the workers. One doesn’t have to be religious to be morally opposed to an industry like this.
My personal thought is, legal vs. illegal: illegal means they have to work in dark alleys or seedy brothels in dangerous neighborhoods; while legal would mean they can perform their "services" openly, as a business, in a controlled environment, in a nice, comfortable facility, perhaps with professional bouncers/security staff to maintain order and keep everyone safe.

Why is that wrong?

Reactions: Hollywood
May 2007
Houston, Texas
Now do you really think a wife cares whether it's legal or illegal prostitution?

Unreal.
Every man isn't married. Would you rather they fuck a prostitute or a wife or daughter of someone else's family? Better a prostitute than some teenage runaway they pick up on the highway.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Prostitution isn't about trading a wife, it's about renting them.
lol You know what is a common term for handy man/quick urgent repair guy you can hire over the phone/online for a short period, in Russia? "Husband for and Hour"

Keep in mind, it's supposed to be strictly for work around the home, their own ads often specify at the very top, "No intimacy offers" (that is, no sex, haha)

But, it is mainly lonely women who call them, either whose husband is away on some long business trip or whatever; or who have no husband at all, single/divorced/widows.

I have been told that shit does happen, regardless of the warning in the ads ;) :D