Decriminalization of Prostitution in New York

Jun 2014
United States
What relevance does that have to the topic of exploiting women via legal prostitution?

It reveals the hypocrisy (and misogyny) of Republicans who preach against any and all forms of business regulation while simultaneously arguing for making/keeping the business of prostitution illegal altogether.

Women are exploited by black market prostitution. Legal prostitution could be regulated to make working conditions safer for both the ladies and their clientele.

BTW: The answer to Hollywood's question...
WHY exactly was it now legal for them to dump that waste?
...is that Republicans have repealed and/or refused to enforce so many environmental regulations that were installed to alleviate pollution problems.

Reactions: Hollywood
Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
What the fuck are you talking about? Like what relevance does that have to the topic? I suggest you start a new thread if you want to talk pollution. But if you do...consider that that liberal shit hole NYC has dumped tons of pollution in to the water on a daily basis.
Deregulation. If you can't keep up... Ohhhhh, I see why you're against loosening the laws for prostitution.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
If it's legal why would they have to pay in cash?
Marijuana is legal in some states, but you have to pay cash. The businesses cannot use federal banks on account of the Controlled Substances Act. I can imagine the federal government setting up something similar with respect to interstate transportation for the sex trade.

Dec 2018
Florida
Deregulation. If you can't keep up... Ohhhhh, I see why you're against loosening the laws for prostitution.
I don’t know if you do. I’m against it because it encourages more sex trafficking. And I’m not ok with that. Further...the industry exploits people. I mean look at Hollywood. They aren’t even engaging in it and they can’t stop sexually abusing people. Why would I want to encourage an industry that stands to makes money on sexual abuse?

Dec 2018
Florida
It reveals the hypocrisy (and misogyny) of Republicans who preach against any and all forms of business regulation while simultaneously arguing for making/keeping the business of prostitution illegal altogether.

Women are exploited by black market prostitution. Legal prostitution could be regulated to make working conditions safer for both the ladies and their clientele.

BTW: The answer to Hollywood's question...

...is that Republicans have repealed and/or refused to enforce so many environmental regulations that were installed to alleviate pollution problems.
There is nothing “hypocritical” about my position. Women are still exploited and human trafficking still occurs even where it is legal. I’ve posted the articles here. It is a vile trade because of what it relies on. I’m for regulation of many things. Insurance, government, I’m pro marijuana trade, and whatever. So don’t try to stereotype my position because I think the whole “well it is a victimless only because it is illegal” notion is stupid.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
What relevance does that have to the topic of exploiting women via legal prostitution?
How is it exploiting women by legalizing prostitution? It's a choice, not a requirement, just like any other job. The exploitation, IMO, is not legalizing it thereby allowing it to exist underground and unregulated.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Do you think these prostitutes will report their earnings in a cash business?
Just like waitresses report tips. A percentage will be taken. OTOH, if it's legalized, it will be regulated. The law may not allow free lancers. Sex workers may have to work out of a fixed facility in order to maintain health records, finances and compliance with laws.