Defense Secretary: We Had No Hard Evidence That Soleimani Was Going To Attack

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
You and me both, brother. There's no fixing the ignorance of the liberals, so we might as well enjoy the circus.
My favorite thing is on the local talk radio shows here they always play a montage of the Fake News talking points for the day.

I listen to that and then log in here and try to guess which Leftist will parrot the Fake News talking points of the day first.

Fun game.

• Haha
Reactions: WolfHulk
Oct 2013
Sweden
It's also important to have truthful thread titles.

The truth matters.

To SOME of us, anyway...
To ANYONE that feels the truth matters, there is NO WAY you could support Trump as a president, he lies soooooo much, sooooo much that is downright embarrassing to me as an american.....we abide this guy and just sit and allow the lies to flow without much response at all. Its insane, truly it is.

Dec 2015
SoCal
To ANYONE that feels the truth matters, there is NO WAY you could support Trump as a president, he lies soooooo much, sooooo much that is downright embarrassing to me as an american.....we abide this guy and just sit and allow the lies to flow without much response at all. Its insane, truly it is.
I'm not embarrassed by Trump since fully half our country is below average.

I blame Trump on them.

Apr 2018
oregon
My favorite thing is on the local talk radio shows here they always play a montage of the Fake News talking points for the day.

I listen to that and then log in here and try to guess which Leftist will parrot the Fake News talking points of the day first.

Fun game.
It's especially amusing when the collective uses the exact same word over and over. Bombshell! :lol:

• Love
Reactions: John T Ford

remington50

Dec 2018
Florida
bullshit. if those are the only two options we should have bombs dropping on putin and little kim right freaking now. they are many times more dangerous than the small time general of a third world country trump just assassinated at a public airport. nobody is defending the iranian general who is said to be one of the major powers in iran, whom we know is one of the chief funders and exporters of terrorism in the world. And we also know, for every one we assassinate, there are 10 right behind him ready to take his place. as a military strategy, assassination sucks. and in a right wing theocracy like iran, the clerics have all the real power anyway, not a general. and about him being so super dangerous and shit- here is how many American soldiers have died in Iraq recently- and yet now soleimani is so dangerous and deadly we have to blow him up in a drone strike at a public international airport? are you saying this iranian general was on the ground in iraq and was ordering iranian soldiers to plant roadside bombs?

2016- 20
2017- 22
2018- 17
2019- 8

I don’t think you get it. You aren’t looking at the big picture here. Nor do you comprehend my position. So let’s start piece by piece.

A) The Middle East - The only relative times of piece they have had? They were under empires. Period. The Europeans destabilized the region. And since then there has been no peace. So the ONLY way to give the region piece? A single dominating state that takes over the entire region. Or? They go on rampages and ethnic conflicts until someone wins. Period. We can’t do it from the outside without sheer brutality And total war. That’s just looking at the history of the region and looking at other regions with religious conflict as well. So we either go all in and fight everyone? Or we get the fuck out. Those are the ONLY realistic options. Anything else is a waste of money and time. If you are too scared to say we should stop wasting American lives? That is your problem. There isn’t anything in that shit hole worth our kids. They can fix it themselves.

B) As for foreign policy. The only realistic way to confront violence is with violence. You can pretend assassination doesn’t work, but if it didn’t? We wouldn’t be using it still. What do you think a sniper is?

And when a leader tries to kill American citizens for a cause? It is best to demonstrate that any action against your nation will be met in kind. Do you understand what mutually assured destruction is? You can pretend it doesn’t work, but again, we have a historical precedent showing it worked.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
The left is still lamenting the killing or a guy put on the terrorist wanted list, the same list obl was put on by the same guy obama.

i guess obama didnt really mean it...

You know had obama taken the savage out theyd be cheering it instead of crying about it.

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Oh look, Trump LIED...again

Then again, par for the course

Trump added to the controversy over his administration’s justification for the killing of an Iranian general, saying Monday that “it doesn’t really matter” whether it was in response to an imminent threat to the United States.

In a tweet, Trump criticized Democrats for trying to determine whether Iranian attacks the administration has said were planned by Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani against U.S. targets were imminent. It doesn’t really matter because of his horrible past,” Trump wrote. The administration has held Soleimani, as head of Iran’s Quds Force, responsible for orchestrating Iran’s use of proxy forces in terrorist attacks throughout the Middle East, and the deaths of hundreds of U.S. soldiers over the years, long before the threat it has said justified the Jan. 3 U.S. drone strike that killed him.

Trump said last week that Soleimani had been planning attacks on four U.S. embassies. Senior administration officials have declined to confirm that assertion, while saying there was intelligence that Iran was plotting imminent strikes against a series of U.S. targets, including the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad.

Many Democratic lawmakers and a number of Republicans have the questioned administration’s claims about the immediacy of the threat — and the targets — and charged that it has failed to provide full and accurate information about an action that brought the United States and Iran to the brink of war.

Jul 2014
midwest
We have already established that they ALL lie.

Some more than others, but even Jimmy Carter lied.

Last edited: