Democracy calls into question after Trump election

Dec 2015
SoCal
Why is it a crappy example? Is it not a clear example of a democracy? Sure the lamb doesn't like democracy at the point but hey, he's outvoted. He's dinner. Our country is not and never has been a democracy. We have a democratic republic. We vote for people to make the laws for us, enforce the laws, and interpret the laws. When voting for president, it is actually a state election where we are electing electors. This has been this way since the founding of our country.
We don't practice direct democracy, but that doesn't mean we don't practice democracy.

Moving on, I question a) your designated numbers and b) your designated subjects. For example, who eats whom if there are three lambs voting and one wolf? The wolf of course. Also, wolves and lambs aren't capable of understanding the concept of democracy, and that is to be expected since even some humans struggle with understanding the concept.

Last edited:

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
I fail to see the problem then. in a democracy, every vote counts the same as every other vote. if we had a democracy, Trump would not be president.
Okay, bonehead, let's look at a few other situations. Let's say that you have a town that has 1000 residents. 10 are LGBT. The town votes on whether the LGBT should be a protected class for employment. Think the LGBT like those odds? Let's say that you have a state, like Utah, heavily controlled by Mormons. In a true democracy fashion, they vote on whether to allow abortion in the state of Utah. Still like pure democracy? A pure democracy is mob rule. He who can gather the largest mob, rules. If your side gathers the largest mob, you like the democracy, but if you are in the minority, it isn't such a good thing.

Jan 2014
south
Okay, bonehead, let's look at a few other situations. Let's say that you have a town that has 1000 residents. 10 are LGBT. The town votes on whether the LGBT should be a protected class for employment. Think the LGBT like those odds? Let's say that you have a state, like Utah, heavily controlled by Mormons. In a true democracy fashion, they vote on whether to allow abortion in the state of Utah. Still like pure democracy? A pure democracy is mob rule. He who can gather the largest mob, rules. If your side gathers the largest mob, you like the democracy, but if you are in the minority, it isn't such a good thing.
you have warped my idea to fit your own ideology. I have stated, on numerous occasions, I support a modified constitutional democracy. do you have any idea what that is?