Democrat positions on abortion.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
South Bend, Ind., mayor Pete Buttigieg on Sunday declined to endorse any state-imposed limits on abortion, including those that take place in the third trimester, telling the audience at a Fox News town hall that the decision should always be left up to the mother.

Asked by Fox News’ Chris Wallace if he believed there should be “any limit on a woman’s right to have an abortion,” the upstart Democratic presidential contender argued that focusing on the stage of gestation at which a fetus can be aborted is misguided.

“No, I think the dialogue has gotten so caught up on where you draw the line, that we’ve gotten away from the fundamental question of who gets to draw the line, and I trust women to draw the line when it’s their life,” Buttigieg answered.

Wallace then asked about abortion in the third trimester before quickly dismissing Buttigieg’s suggestion that the question was “hypothetical” by pointing out that roughly 6,000 third-trimester abortions occurred last year.

Will all of them follow along with 3rd trimester abortion rights?
Why should you care since the right sez they will all grow up to be Democrats anyway?

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Bills dictating at heartbeat abortions end, is not the same as zero abortions. It appears democrats are all aligning themselves to favor very liberal policies on abortion as a political necessity. Now they are all favoring federally paid for abortions.

If liberals want abortion clinics as numerous as 7-11's and anything goes, I won't get in their way. It's their desire.
Your imaginary world is truly horrible. I hope you seek help.

Mar 2019
TN
Wallace then asked about abortion in the third trimester before quickly dismissing Buttigieg’s suggestion that the question was “hypothetical” by pointing out that roughly 6,000 third-trimester abortions occurred last year.

Will all of them follow along with 3rd trimester abortion rights?
And how many of those supposed 6,000 third trimester were simple straight up "on demand" abortions ?? I'd be surprised to find out any of them were. Nearly, if not all, would be due to something going seriously wrong late in the pregnancy. Nearly, if not all, were most likely heart wrenching decisions by the parents. I had friend go through this very thing two years ago. They were incredibly excited. Couldn't wait to be parents. But suddenly, and completely without any hint of a warning the fetus's heart just stopped. Luckily where they live she had the abortion immediately. But in some states, due to the wording of the laws, she would have had to WAIT until she had actually turned septic to have the abortion. They now have a healthy kid and are tickled for it.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
And how many of those supposed 6,000 third trimester were simple straight up "on demand" abortions ?? I'd be surprised to find out any of them were. Nearly, if not all, would be due to something going seriously wrong late in the pregnancy. Nearly, if not all, were most likely heart wrenching decisions by the parents. I had friend go through this very thing two years ago. They were incredibly excited. Couldn't wait to be parents. But suddenly, and completely without any hint of a warning the fetus's heart just stopped. Luckily where they live she had the abortion immediately. But in some states, due to the wording of the laws, she would have had to WAIT until she had actually turned septic to have the abortion. They now have a healthy kid and are tickled for it.
A mother's life is not worth that of an eight celled embryo in the eyes of the rabid alt right.

My SIL died about a year and a half after she gave birth, from pulmonary hypertension, induced by her pregnancy in the late eighties. Her priest talked her into going against her physician recommended advice for an abortion when she first started having symptoms around 24 weeks.

Last edited:
Mar 2019
TN
Bills dictating at heartbeat abortions end, is not the same as zero abortions. It appears democrats are all aligning themselves to favor very liberal policies on abortion as a political necessity. Now they are all favoring federally paid for abortions.

If liberals want abortion clinics as numerous as 7-11's and anything goes, I won't get in their way. It's their desire.
You're being completely disingenuous. Heart beat bills DO effectively mean ZERO abortions. Most women don't even know their are pregnant for 6 to 8 weeks. By that time the heart beat, though not truly a heart and not actually circulating blood, can be detected. The vast majority of women would be past the window before they even realize they are pregnant.

Jan 2007
You're being completely disingenuous. Heart beat bills DO effectively mean ZERO abortions. Most women don't even know their are pregnant for 6 to 8 weeks. By that time the heart beat, though not truly a heart and not actually circulating blood, can be detected. The vast majority of women would be past the window before they even realize they are pregnant.

It's not a glob she's killing and it's not her body that's being killed. She just needs another excuse to destroy what she helped create.

But carry on! we don't want to oppress her.

Jan 2007
A mother's life is not worth that of an eight celled embryo in the eyes of the rabid alt right.

My SIL died about a year and a half after she gave birth, from pulmonary hypertension, induced by her pregnancy in the late eighties. Her priest talked her into going against her physician recommended advice for an abortion when she first started having symptoms around 24 weeks.
Most abortions are convenience not life saving necessity.