Democratic Party files federal lawsuit alleging conspiracy by Trump Campaign

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
We are almost to the midterms and we are still dealing with the 2016. I wonder what their desired relief is in the lawsuit. A do over?

Democratic Party files federal lawsuit alleging conspiracy by Trump Campaign, Russia, WikiLeaks to disrupt 2016 presidential election.

Calling it an “all-out assault on our democracy,” the Democratic National Committee on Friday filed a multimillion-dollar federal lawsuit against Trump campaign officials, the Russian government and WikiLeaks for allegedly meddling in the 2016 presidential race.

The suit, filed in federal district court in Manhattan, alleges a widespread conspiracy. It claims that Trump campaign officials worked in tandem with the Russian government and its military spy agency to bring down Hillary Clinton by hacking into the computer networks of the DNC and spreading stolen material.

“During the 2016 presidential campaign, Russia launched an all-out assault on our democracy, and it found a willing and active partner in Donald Trump’s campaign,” said DNC Chairman Tom Perez in a statement, going so far as to call the alleged collusion “an act of unprecedented treachery.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/20/democratic-party-files-federal-lawsuit-alleging-conspiracy-by-trump-campaign-russia-wikileaks-to-disrupt-2016-presidential-election.html

Jul 2014
Border Fence
DNC suing Russia after US Intel has named Russia as an actor in hacking the DNC
during the 2018 Presidential campaign.

The lawsuit has been filed against Russia, but also names WikiLeaks and key Trump campaign aides – including Jared Kushner, Donald Trump, Jr., and Paul Manafort – of participating in the conspiracy

The suit filed Friday seeks millions of dollars in compensation to offset damage it claims the party suffered from the hacks. The DNC argues that the cyberattack undermined its ability to communicate with voters, collect donations and operate effectively as its employees faced personal harassment and, in some cases, death threats.
https://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2018/04/20/breaking-dnc-files-multi-million-dollar-lawsuit-2016-election/

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
Do you have a link? Because this sounds like a pretty stupid think to do, but I never underestimate the stupidity of either party.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Do you have a link? Because this sounds like a pretty stupid think to do, but I never underestimate the stupidity of either party.
Yes, I had to wait until there was a link that wasn't inside of a source that people here would not be able to get to, for example a news desk feed.

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
Yes, I had to wait until there was a link that wasn't inside of a source that people here would not be able to get to, for example a news desk feed.
Well damn... they are that stupid. I approve of this filing, it will only blow up in their face.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Well damn... they are that stupid. I approve of this filing, it will only blow up in their face.
They could be filing it, not for it to go to court but to use discovery to get information that they can leak or release to the media. Politics has become a sport with everyone looking for loopholes and ways around the rules.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Democrats file suit against Trump campaign, WikiLeaks and Russia over 2016 presidenti

Democrats file suit against Trump campaign, WikiLeaks and Russia over 2016 presidential election

Friday, April 20th 2018, 11:27 am EDTFriday, April 20th 2018, 11:52 am EDT
[FONT=&amp]
The legal action was filed in federal district court in Manhattan.
The complaint alleges a conspiracy by top Trump campaign officials and the Russian government to disrupt the 2016 election in favor of Donald Trump.
The DNC in its case claims that the Russian hacking and the relationship of Trump's associates with Russia, as well as the campaign's public support of the hacks, contributed to an illegal conspiracy that damaged the Democratic Party and interfered in the election.
"During the 2016 presidential campaign, Russia launched an all-out assault on our democracy, and it found a willing and active partner in Donald Trump’s campaign," DNC Chairman Tom Perez said. "This constituted an act of unprecedented treachery: the campaign of a nominee for President of the United States in league with a hostile foreign power to bolster its own chance to win the presidency."
[/FONT]

Democrats file suit against Trump campaign, WikiLeaks and Russia - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Good idea! Even if Trump manages to fire Mueller the whole thing will be investigated one way or the other!