Democratic super PAC launches $50 million effort to weaken Trump with core supporters

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Democratic super PAC launches $50 million effort to weaken Trump with core supporters
The American Bridge group is expanding its budget nearly three-fold to target Midwest white working-class voters.
By Alex Seitz-Wald

"WASHINGTON — One of the largest Democratic super PACs, American Bridge, is embarking on a $50 million effort designed to soften President Donald Trump's support among the group that cost Democrats the White House in 2016 — white working-class voters in the Upper Midwest."
"The group has an existing 75-person operation focused on researching the Trump administration's policies and players, and it has amassed 176 gigabytes of data and more than 24,000 videos and audio clips."
"We intend to rely on local voices to serve as our messengers in many of these key counties," the donor memo reads. "We know that national voices are not always the most effective with the set of voters we intend to target and persuade, and we will operate accordingly."

###################################################################################
Sounds like a plan. Voters that went for Trump in 2016 must now be made to realize that 2020 is different and that they need to return to the Democratic Party if they want to come out ahead. This group will see to it that the message gets out loud and clear.

Jun 2014
United States
The American Bridge group is expanding its budget nearly three-fold to target Midwest white working-class voters.
By Alex Seitz-Wald

###################################################################################
Sounds like a plan. Voters that went for Trump in 2016 must now be made to realize that 2020 is different and that they need to return to the Democratic Party if they want to come out ahead. This group will see to it that the message gets out loud and clear.

I can't really see how such an outreach would make any difference. Trump voters aren't going to abandon Trump. The only way the Democrats can win is to do a better job of getting their own voters out on election day.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
I can't really see how such an outreach would make any difference. Trump voters aren't going to abandon Trump. The only way the Democrats can win is to do a better job of getting their own voters out on election day.
Never underestimate the enormous power of a great plan!

Jun 2014
United States
Never underestimate the enormous power of a great plan!

I'm just being realistic. I don't think that an effort to "educate" Trump voters about what a cad Trump is will have any noticeable effect. I think it would be a more efficient use of resources to educate potential Democratic voters regarding voter registration, having acceptable ID, and understanding the importance of showing up on election day.

May 2007
your place

I agree. To me this sounds like the kind of “story” that right wingers would concoct in order to get Trump supporters worked up. The idea is that “liberals” can’t get enough support because of thier policies so they have to resort to these kinds of tactics.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
I'm just being realistic. I don't think that an effort to "educate" Trump voters about what a cad Trump is will have any noticeable effect. I think it would be a more efficient use of resources to educate potential Democratic voters regarding voter registration, having acceptable ID, and understanding the importance of showing up on election day.
Settle down. Settle down. Let's just give it some time to see how it works. :)

May 2007
your place
I don't really care what they do, I just think they're wasting their time. At worst, it will backfire.

The liberal strawman (created by right wingers) would definitely like the idea.

Right wing media will say this is an example of liberals trying to suppress votes.