Democrats announce expanded Dream Act for illegals

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
Idiocracat has been banned from this thread. Please do not reply to his posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Apr 2012
That's a very short term solution.

Trump is only going to be in office for another year or four.
It will not pass. For that to happen the Democrats would need to get the president and keep the house and have a filibuster proof senate. That is unlikely to happen

Nov 2014
North Carolina
It will not pass. For that to happen the Democrats would need to get the president and keep the house and have a filibuster proof senate. That is unlikely to happen
I don't know why you think it's so unlikely that the democrats win the presidency. Let's not forget Mrs. Clinton won the popular vote in the last election - and she was probably about the most God-awful candidate imaginable. So don't underestimate the political power the democratic party has in this country - and in particular the state of California which is where most of their power comes from.

Also: the democrats wouldn't have to keep the house or have a filibuster proof senate to stop the wall. All they would have to do is win the presidency.

Apr 2012
I don't know why you think it's so unlikely that the democrats win the presidency. Let's not forget Mrs. Clinton won the popular vote in the last election - and she was probably about the most God-awful candidate imaginable. So don't underestimate the political power the democratic party has in this country - and in particular the state of California which is where most of their power comes from.

Also: the democrats wouldn't have to keep the house or have a filibuster proof senate to stop the wall. All they would have to do is win the presidency.
The GOP would filibuster it in the Senate and it would be dead. Like I said they need huge majorities to do it which is unlikely anytime soon