Democrats call for ethics probe of Trump HHS nominee Tom Price.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Washington (CNN)Senate Democrats are calling on the House Office of Congressional Ethics to launch an investigation into Rep. Tom Price, President-elect Donald Trump's nominee for Health and Human Services secretary, to probe the congressman's financial investments and stock holdings.
"We are here to call on the House Office of Congressional Ethics to investigate if any laws were broken," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said at a news conference. "There's enough evidence here that cries out for an investigation. Whether the law was actually broken, whether there was quid pro quos or inside information is the better way to put it -- we don't know."

Schumer was joined by fellow Democratic Sens. Patty Murray and Ron Wyden, each a top Democrat on two separate Senate committees set to hold confirmation hearings on Price.
The announcement comes following a Wall Street Journal report that alleged Price traded more than $300,000 in shares of health-related companies during his time in Congress, all "while sponsoring and advocating legislation that potentially could affect those companies' stocks."

The senators are insisting that the House ethics panel investigate Price before his confirmation hearings begin.
Democrats call for ethics probe of Trump HHS nominee Tom Price - CNNPolitics.com

timing is everything. But, its looking more and more everyday like the Trump transition team isn't vetting any of his cabinet choices. How does a guy that's trying to cash in on being a member of Congress get past their security screening? Or maybe Trump just doesn't care because he knows the Democrats are going to find it hard to block any of his nominations.

May 2012
By the wall
Obama made a ton of money off his stocks while in office so we should investigate him also.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Obama made a ton of money off his stocks while in office so we should investigate him also.
so how did that one get past Republican's? Where's the quid pro quo? And for the love of God will you please stop derailing threads.

Just once.

Please.

May 2012
By the wall
so how did that one get past Republican's? Where's the quid pro quo? And for the love of God will you please stop derailing threads.

Just once.

Please.
That was directly relevant to your post.

I don't see why democrats are going after republicans for the same things they do themselves.

Obviously there will be no ethics investigation because if there is you will be hauling in most of congress and past presidents.

Nov 2013
NY

Just once.

Please.
derail (lie) - deflect - apologize... we've been there.. it's all he has.

Trump doesn't care about any of his fellas' conflicts or misdeeds, because he very well knows that noone can top the ones that are already on his own head. And as he just doesn't care about any of this for himself, and neither does the GOP governing majority.. he just does what he wants, with their sanction

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
That was directly relevant to your post.

I don't see why democrats are going after republicans for the same things they do themselves.

Obviously there will be no ethics investigation because if there is you will be hauling in most of congress and past presidents.
it's not the same thing and you know it.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Want to know how much Pelosi has made while in Congress?

I can give you whole lists of people in Congress who made money off stocks.
Everybody made money off stocks because the stock market actually went up in the last 8 years. No one made money off stocks during the Bush years because the market went down.

See how easy that is?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Want to know how much Pelosi has made while in Congress?

I can give you whole lists of people in Congress who made money off stocks.
did she make in connections to legislation or policies she was involved in or promoting in Congress?

May 2012
By the wall
Everybody made money off stocks because the stock market actually went up in the last 8 years. No one made money off stocks during the Bush years because the market went down.

See how easy that is?
Yep, this is nothing more than a witch hunt.

If I were Trump I would just give him a blanket pardon as soon as he takes office.