Democrats' Equality Act

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
We'll have to see. There are relatively few transgender teens, and even fewer who want to compete in sports. You're implying that lots of boys who can't cut it on the boy's teams will pretend to be girls so they can compete against girls. I just don't think that's likely. My Common Sense says "No, the stigma would be too great."

If what you suggest comes to pass, then yes. I doubt the case you cite will become common.

Do you have a link for the Connecticut case?
I am sorry the Connecticut case was off the top of my memory ...

I am sures it can be Googled.

Do not dismiss the concerns of noraml thinking folks .....

Something tells me you will be on the side of the female children here.

May 2012
By the wall
We'll have to see. There are relatively few transgender teens, and even fewer who want to compete in sports. You're implying that lots of boys who can't cut it on the boy's teams will pretend to be girls so they can compete against girls. I just don't think that's likely. My Common Sense says "No, the stigma would be too great."

If what you suggest comes to pass, then yes. I doubt the case you cite will become common.

Once the first transgender dominates an Olympic event that will be the end of it.

Every nation will start placing men in women's events.

Some events will escape it simply due to their nature but things like weightlifting or track, will be changed forever.

It will become a joke.

And once they start stacking women's professional basketball and soccer teams with men those will no longer be the same.

Wait until the first transgender joins the LPGA and outdrives all the women by 100 yards and wins every tournament in a season, nobody will watch anymore. That ends womens golf in college and all the scholarships that go with it.

Reactions: John T Ford
Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious

At 20 seconds watch the real girl look around like "is someone gonna just stand there and let these boys take 1st and 2nd place in the Girls State Track Championship?" The answer is yes they did.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Okay...I've read the text of the bill and I'm not sure how it does what you say it does. It appears simply to add language to certain sections of the Civil Rights Act, replacing "sex" with "sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity.)". Are you arguing that we SHOULD be able to discriminate based on sexual orientation or gender identity?

Here's the language dealing with public education specifically:

Do you even know which of these sections deal with sports team participation? And if children born male who identity as female can participate in girls sports, couldn't the inverse be true? Children born girls who identify as male could participate in boys' sports? Why doesn't that bother you?
Because they don't have an unfair advantage over the other participants.

Jan 2014
California
So you'd be okay for male transgender individuals to compete in the "boys" side of sports?
Mr. Rasselas,

Not an accurate comparison, unless you are talking about boy's synchronized swimming. The issue is the innate, unfair advantage that a dude in a dress has over female competitors.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
So you'd be okay for male transgender individuals to compete in the "boys" side of sports?
My main concern is the unfair advantage that people who are born male have over women in competitive sports. Transitioning to female does not magically erase increased muscle mass or bone density.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Mr. Rasselas,

Not an accurate comparison, unless you are talking about boy's synchronized swimming. The issue is the innate, unfair advantage that a dude in a dress has over female competitors.
Just TRY putting a dress on this guy!!

1556203799957.png

Go ahead! I DARE you!!