Democrats Face Their Fears in Wisconsin

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Doug Kane slides a file folder across the table. I’m already familiar with the contents.

Indeed, the whole world knows what’s inside — the gist of it, anyway, which is compiled from readily accessible public information. Still, the way Kane pushes the file toward me, fingers outstretched, has a cinematic flair. It’s as if the drab Excel sheets inside constitute a bombshell.

In a way, they do. The neatly arranged columns of numbers break down the vote in Wisconsin in the 2016 election, when American politics exploded. A small number of Americans living in the upper Midwest, about 78,000 across three states, detonated a bomb that’s still rattling the world.

Almost 3 million voters in Wisconsin cast ballots for president in 2016. Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton in the state by 22,748 — a margin of about three-quarters of 1%. The election was so narrow that either Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate for president, or Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate, might’ve tripped the state results. Johnson received 106,674 votes, and Stein 31,072.

Democrats in full panic mode.

Donald Trump is going to win in a Landslide in 2020.

The writing is on the wall for all who are in reality to see.

May 2019
midwest
Doug Kane slides a file folder across the table. I’m already familiar with the contents.

Indeed, the whole world knows what’s inside — the gist of it, anyway, which is compiled from readily accessible public information. Still, the way Kane pushes the file toward me, fingers outstretched, has a cinematic flair. It’s as if the drab Excel sheets inside constitute a bombshell.

In a way, they do. The neatly arranged columns of numbers break down the vote in Wisconsin in the 2016 election, when American politics exploded. A small number of Americans living in the upper Midwest, about 78,000 across three states, detonated a bomb that’s still rattling the world.

Almost 3 million voters in Wisconsin cast ballots for president in 2016. Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton in the state by 22,748 — a margin of about three-quarters of 1%. The election was so narrow that either Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate for president, or Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate, might’ve tripped the state results. Johnson received 106,674 votes, and Stein 31,072.

Democrats in full panic mode.

Donald Trump is going to win in a Landslide in 2020.

The writing is on the wall for all who are in reality to see.
LOLs. As of September 2019, sleazy Trump is way underwater that HE can't see the surface in any Midwestern state (WI, MI, OH and PA).
:cool:

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Early polling is not relevant, in my opinion.

Kane and I are in an Italian restaurant 5 miles east of the Mississippi River, just outside La Crosse, Wisconsin. Of Wisconsin’s 72 counties, 23 switched from voting for Barack Obama in 2012 to Trump in 2016. Half a dozen of those pivot counties are here in southwestern Wisconsin near the river. If you follow the Mississippi south, you pass a series of counties in northwest Iowa that similarly switched from Democrat to Republican in 2016.

I don't believe there is growing support for the Democrats Impeachment Hoax.

I believe support is growing even more for the President.

Everyone dismissed the huge crowds at his Rallies last time.

There are even more people at the Rallies today.

Will those on the Left make the same failed assesssment this time?

May 2012
By the wall
LOLs. As of September 2019, sleazy Trump is way underwater that HE can't see the surface in any Midwestern state (WI, MI, OH and PA).
Wrong, that's the key battleground area this election. Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan are all up for grabs. Then you have a couple on the east coast, Florida, Nebraska, and Arizona.

Whoever takes the majority of those will be the winner in 2020.

Reactions: John T Ford
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Wrong, that's the key battleground area this election. Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan are all up for grabs. Then you have a couple on the east coast, Florida, Nebraska, and Arizona.

The Left is in full panic mode over this one ....

Well, at least those of them who are still playing in reality.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Well, at least those of them who are still playing in reality.
Strange remark considering that your own OP suggests that it's Trump voters who lack touch with reality. Most of the story is about how Dems are working to change the outcome in Wisconsin. It's very competitive with a lot of variables unknown. The idea that the article portends a landslide suggests you haven't read the whole article.

• Love
Reactions: the bull59
May 2019
midwest

LOLs. You betcha. I'm talking Midwest which WI is a part of.