Democrats have made a sharp left turn – Here's what's behind it

Jan 2019
southeast
Bill Bennett: Democrats have made a sharp left turn – Here's what's behind it

By William J. Bennett | Fox News
Freshman Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez insists the Democratic Party is splitting between Democrats who haven't properly addressed policies important to young people and herself; Peter Doocy reports.
It’s been two years since the end of the Obama presidency and in that span, the mainstream Democratic Party has made an extreme shift to the far left. In 2019 the Democrats have put their weight behind increased taxes, universal health care, open borders, and third-trimester abortions.

How do we account for this radical trend?

Great insight by Bill Bennett. Hope this lunacy endshttps://www.foxnews.com/opinion/bill-bennett-democrats-have-made-a-sharp-left-turn-heres-whats-behind-it

Last edited:

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
I love how AOC "triggers" all the conservatives.

Like ONE person in the House of Representatives has the enormous power to change everything on her own. She is Super Women!!!!!! (lol - not)

No elected D person is for open borders btw. And most people support Medicare for all.

Jan 2019
southeast
I love how AOC "triggers" all the conservatives.

Like ONE person in the House of Representatives has the enormous power to change everything on her own. She is Super Women!!!!!! (lol - not)

No elected D person is for open borders btw. And most people support Medicare for all.
Hate to break it to you, but there is more than one, dear.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Hate to break it to you, but there is more than one, dear.
A) DO NOT call me "dear"

And show me actual proof where one D elected official has said they would vote for open borders.

Oh and polls show people are in favor of raising taxes for those who make over 10 million a year.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
The left blinker will put us in a state like Venezuela. Just what the not so bright want.
There are over a dozen social democracies in the world and yet you only ever mention Venezuela, never Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Iceland, The Netherlands or several others. Here is a clue, Venezuela has been a failed state for over 100 years and it will continue to be so because of corruption and incompetent management, it does not make a single iota of difference what economic system they try, it will fail. There are plenty of failed capitalist states in the world if you just want to harp on failed states.

Jan 2019
southeast
There are over a dozen social democracies in the world and yet you only ever mention Venezuela, never Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Iceland, The Netherlands or several others. Here is a clue, Venezuela has been a failed state for over 100 years and it will continue to be so because of corruption and incompetent management, it does not make a single iota of difference what economic system they try, it will fail. There are plenty of failed capitalist states in the world if you just want to harp on failed states.
I do believe all those countries believe in capitalism.