Democrats Invited Anti-Israel Imam to Give House Invocation

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
This particular Iman has called Israel and apartheid state.
He's called for a Palestinian uprising against Israel.
He's called for a intifada against Israel on Facebook.
KKK, apartheid, ethnic cleansing: The anti-Israel fury of imam chosen by Democrats to give Congress prayer
But, you keep defending this Anti-Semitic POS and the Anti-Semitic Party that would have him give invocations on the House floor.
To be honest I wouldn't expect anything else.
He called for a rise against Zionism; not Israel. Big difference.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Here's another of his gems of wisdom.

"How symbolic: 2 books buried in the rubble of a destroyed home in Gaza: One about Moses and the other about Muhammad (peace be upon them both). The Zionists are the enemies of God, His Messengers, sincere followers of all religions, and humanity as a whole."

Link
Zionism <> Israel.

I am a staunch defender of Israel. But not its expansionist policies. I'm not saying that things are as simple as "removing all settlements" - but allowing them to grow runs against any possibility of peace.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Zionism <> Israel.

I am a staunch defender of Israel. But not its expansionist policies. I'm not saying that things are as simple as "removing all settlements" - but allowing them to grow runs against any possibility of peace.
The same view held by most American Jews. You noticed those two polls of American and Israeli Jews, the 18% that strongly supported Trump was about the same as the 21% that strongly supported expansion. That is Trumps American Jewish base.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., told "Fox & Friends" on Sunday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., had made "a bad call" by allowing a Texas imam with a history of anti-Israel comments to deliver the noon prayer in the House of Representatives last week.

"Either the speaker's office did not vet this imam at all, or worse, they did vet the imam and then decided that it would have been OK for the imam to come onto the floor of the House of Representatives anyway," said Zeldin. "It's a bad call to have this person. It's horrible judgment, and after the 2019 that we've had so far, where members of their own caucus are pushing anti-Semitism and anti-Israel hate, it was a bad judgment."

The imam, Omar Suleiman of Irving, Texas, was introduced by Pelosi before he delivered the prayer from the rostrum on Thursday. He had been invited to speak by Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson, D-Texas.

Rep. Lee Zeldin says Pelosi showed 'bad judgment' allowing anti-Israel imam to deliver House prayer

Sep 2013
On a hill
A true friend will tell you when they think you're doing something dangerous or misguided.
Yep.

Proverbs 27:5 Better an open rebuke than love that is concealed. 6 The wounds of a friend are faithful, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful. 7 The soul that is full loathes honey, but to a hungry soul, any bitter thing is sweet.…

Sep 2013
On a hill
How can you read this and still stand behind the Democrats inviting him to give the opening blessing? I provided a link to it on his verified Facebook page.

"How befitting that the 3rd Intifada starts on the 27th night of Ramadan as worshippers are denied prayer in Masjid Al Aqsa. The march throughout Palestine is growing and all of the families in East Jerusalem are in the streets.

Meanwhile Apartheid Israel is using live ammunition on the crowds. The downfall of the Apartheid regime of South Africa started this way (See Sharpeville Massacre) and God willing on this blessed night as the 3rd Intifada begins, the beginning of the end of Zionism is here.

May Allah help us overcome this monster, protect the innocent of the world, and accept the murdered as martyrs. ameen"

Omar Suleiman
Yeah?

Sep 2013
On a hill
Here's another of his gems of wisdom.

"How symbolic: 2 books buried in the rubble of a destroyed home in Gaza: One about Moses and the other about Muhammad (peace be upon them both). The Zionists are the enemies of God, His Messengers, sincere followers of all religions, and humanity as a whole."

Link
To displace a population in the creation of a new country is asking for trouble. I dont know why anyone would have expected anything less.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
My primary issue is that the Palestinian Arabs are winning on the public-relations front... that's what gives them the drive to seek the ludicrous objective of eliminating Israel. And if you can't win on the public-relations front against (for example) Hamas, then you are doing an absolute shit job of it, and that's not excusable.

Currently, Israel is at a stalemate with the Palestinian territories. The stalemate is expensive - and acceptable for a while - but it's not sustainable indefinitely. If we're going to be subsidizing Israel, I want reason to believe that Israeli is ATTEMPTING to resolve the stalemate. I don't care if Israelis see the peace efforts as pointless. The effort needs to be made, and it needs to be highly visible.

I know I've said this before - but Israel needs to schedule recurring peace talks every 3-4 months, year-round. It's possible that the Palestinian delegates won't show up. It's possible they'll walk out after thirty minutes. Don't care. If that happens, schedule the next meeting. The costs are minimal. It doesn't put Israelis at risk. And the Palestinans will find it increasingly difficult to hold world support once it becomes obvious that Israel is drawing up peace treaties and offering to hold peace talks every few months.

I support Israel - but I recognize that Netanyahu is fucking this up tremendously.