Democrats, Keep Cool and Calm

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
Democrats, Keep Cool and Calm

One big reason Democrats can't keep cool and calm is in seeing the national average on gasoline rising to almost $3.00 a gallon. But besides that as it comes to healthcare insurance under Trump news has been reporting that premiums are rising. Deductibles are going up from $300.00 to $1,200.00! WOW!! That's going to hurt many Americans for sure! There will also be changes in supplemental plans. Best to leave things as is under Obamacare. Trump does not care about the little guy and his pocketbook anyway. His main interest is of course in the wealthiest of Americans. All others.....pffft!
Deductibles went up after Obamacare and mandated insurance became a pipe dream for the middle class because of premium costs. Obamacare was not all that rosy to the "middle guy". We need a POTUS who cares about "every guy" not just the rich or the poor. I don't think I have seen that in my middle class life time. It is the reason we are suffering under Trump right now.

One

Former Staff
Dec 2006
----> X <----
It's not a matter of partisanship. This is what you're not getting. It's a matter of good vs evil. I know I'm being absurd to some, including you, but that's what it comes down to. It's evil to detain brown babies and children in concentration camps. It's evil to pretend that global climate change is a matter of opinion. It's evil to give tax breaks to the wealthiest while taking health care away from people. It's evil to deny people basic voting rights in order to win elections.

I've had it with you moderates and your "reasonableness". You are destroying what this country has always been about. If the Republicans prevail next month, I will blame you and NEVER forgive you and your ilk. You pretend to understand what's going on, but you do not. Because in your mind everything is all unicorns and candy when it's actually hell on earth. Wake the fuck up.
See, this is the kind of hate that alienates those of us with more moderate temperaments. That's one of the big reasons I could never support someone like trump, who want's to paint his opposition as enemies. And it seems to be the repubs and dems that are destroying what this country is all about. Both sides are so entrenched in their extreme positions, there is no room for compromise. And you do understand that where you see evil in your opposition, they see evil in your side just as well.

I understand your need to place blame when you don't win elections, but maybe it's because the candidates chosen for your side just don't resonate with enough people. You can't place that blame on me, no matter how hard you wish it to be so. Get candidates worthy of my vote, and you'll get my vote. For someone to get my vote, they need to be near the center, moderate, and willing to work with the opposition. That really isn't too much to ask for.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
It's not a matter of partisanship. This is what you're not getting. It's a matter of good vs evil. I know I'm being absurd to some, including you, but that's what it comes down to. It's evil to detain brown babies and children in concentration camps. It's evil to pretend that global climate change is a matter of opinion. It's evil to give tax breaks to the wealthiest while taking health care away from people. It's evil to deny people basic voting rights in order to win elections.

I've had it with you moderates and your "reasonableness". You are destroying what this country has always been about. If the Republicans prevail next month, I will blame you and NEVER forgive you and your ilk. You pretend to understand what's going on, but you do not. Because in your mind everything is all unicorns and candy when it's actually hell on earth. Wake the fuck up.
To be honest, if the Democrats allow Trump to serve another 4 years, I will blame the Democrats for allowing it to happen over their own stupidity. Anyone could have beat Trump. Moderates are not destroying this Country, extremism is destroying this Country. Howling, screeching idiots are the problem not reasonable people. Healthcare has not been taken away from anyone. The poor still have Medicaid and the rich does not worry about it because they can afford it. It is the middle class that was expected to shoulder the cost by paying inflated premiums mandated by the government for something they could not afford. How is that fair? Democrats have always only cared about the things that you mentioned, they don't care about the working class who actually pays the tab for all of the social nets. If Democrats cared about the middle class as much as they do other causes, we would not have Trump in office today.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Yeah, I'm in agreement with you there. It has happened already, the only question left is how bad is it going to get before it starts getting better? All we have is speculation and educated guesses, and the answers aren't looking very good from where I'm sitting.
It depends on the next few election cycles. If it has not improved by the 2024 election, it probably will only get far, far worse before it gets better. And at that point the Constitution would be unlikely to survive. We could very well end up with some form of a Republic of Gilead.

Dec 2006
Mmm, muffins
More of a corporatist, with a touch of neocon thrown into the mix.
Fair enough. I don't disagree. I was tired of dynasties, I think they wore out their welcome with the Bushes. But I held my nose and voted for her, because I didn't like the alternative.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I know that you know that there is a scary large portion of the population that is driven towards that very goal.
Oh, yes, which is why I mentioned it. I saw it on the horizon upon reading the book, which was some 20-odd years ago.

Mar 2007
You perfectly exhibit the victim attitude of the right.

Its not enough that you, and your ilk have crushed opposition destroying checks and balances between the three branches of government, changed attitudes, driving the country further to the right through the work of think tanks like the Heritage Foundation, Freedomworks, American Enterprise Institute, Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, Lexington Institute, Claremont Institute, Hudson Institute, Cato Institute, Hoover Institution, Project for the New American Century, Center for Security Policy, Foreign Policy Research Institute, Center for Immigration Studies, Center for Strategic and International Studies, The Federalist Foundation.

Note: The Federalist Foundation identifies, nurtures, and promotes "conservative" law students, and young lawyers to judgeships, and law clerks (talk about judicial activism).

And then, the right has been bragging for years about dominating radio, and the popularity of fox news.

What the hell - do you have to control everything before you (and your ilk) stop being angry victims?
We are not angry victims. We are angry former victims. We don't like being victims and we aren't going to take it any more.

Meanwhile, the Dems are STILL not accepting that Obama has had his eight years and his race no longer provides cover for radical policies and objectives.

The Dems are still hoping to depose Trump and now impeaching Kav if they get the power to do so.

Frankly, all these smears and counter smears by both parties shows the essential dysfunction of both parties, which is why I pointed you to "The Smear" which documents the history and recent history of smear based politics. But the Republicans are done with being victims. So stand down and you'll get more gentle treatment. Keep on telling people to attack our representatives when they are in public and hire organized mobs to shout at our representatives inside public hearings and we are going to continue to fight back.