Democrats, Keep Cool and Calm

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I just watched Christine Amanpour's interview of Hillary Clinton in England and if you watched that you'd see an intelligent, thoughtful person and I doubt you'd disagree with anything she said. And she seemed very likeable to me. She wasn't nasty or cruel or any of the "attributes" Donald Trump displays. But she's as bad as he is.

Your "reasonableness" can be grating sometimes. Choose a side for once. Just one time get off that damn fence.
That is because it is not reasonable. Calling Hillary an unlikeable candidate is not true. It is another Republican lie. So now we know just what Pragmatic means.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Many of us just didn't vote for that particular office in 2016. Or else voted third party.

You are so clenched up in your binary self righteous hate that you are blinded to anything that doesn't fit your views.

And you have fully exposed your leanings.

Jan 2007
Its really hard to say these days. Logically it makes sense since any NeverTrump people would rather vote for moderate level headed dems. But that doesnt always happen. Local elections are local, not national. So I think its hard to tag Trump as being on the ballot. People will vote for who they like and who represents their ideology the closest. If it comes out to what can excite the base, then all bets are off. I dont think registered lifelong dems want to be calm and cool. So it leaves it up in the air, want more of the base to turn out or attract independents? Thats where we stand.
The democrats are moving further left. Cool calm & collected. That is laughable. Gender & race is all you have anymore. To be exploited to the max.
Last but not least....Make illegals great!

Jan 2007
I think everyone has some thought on what Democrats should do and most of it is just panic reaction to the 2016 election. They also seem to forget that nutcase who was complete overkill of everything bad that was known before he was elected says that nice is not always the answer. My own opinion is stop looking for new and shiny objects and focus on candidates mirroring their districts. It is that easy. The wheel does not have to be re-invented. Since we only have two choices (a divided government or a one party government) surely voters should be able to figure out what they prefer (a) watching the current destruction of our country or (b) a Democrat Congressional leadership to stop the destruction.

Democratic Candidates who represent their districts is not a hard thing for everyone to understand. Stop attacking blue dogs or moderates as if anyone thinks a Democrat can win running on progressive issue in red districts. It gets down to voter logic and Democrats have always had the edge when it comes to social issues. Voters are always the ones who need to try to understand elections, issues and results of their vote. Republicans get it. Liberals are often distracted by shiny objects. lol
If you want to see democrats...look to California. Once upon a time it was a paradise. Look to many big urban cities.

Jets

Former Staff
Feb 2011
New York
Former Attorney General Eric Holder says he thinks former first lady Michelle Obama was wrong in her signature line: "When they go low, we go high."
Campaigning for Democrats in Georgia, Holder told an audience, "When they go low, we kick them."

Eric Holder says Michelle Obama was wrong: 'When they go low, we kick them'
I saw this article yesterday. If Eric Holder thinks “kicking” people in response to them going low is a smart move, he is part of the problem, not path to a solution. He is entitled to his opinion, but so am I...

Last edited:
Jan 2007
I saw this article yesterday. If Eric Holder thinks “kicking” people in response to them going low is a smart move, he is part of the problem not path to a solution. He is entitled to his opinion, but so am I...
He just sent a message to the mobs.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
If Eric Holder thinks “kicking” people in response to them going low is a smart move, he is part of the problem, not path to a solution.
Perhaps so, but it is no different than Republicans have been doing for years, now. You would think the party in power could afford to take the high road, but they have consistently declined.