Democrats label Republicans 'racist/bigoted/sexist' as political divide intensifies

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Hate against the opposition and name-calling are very common these days. Although this is a relatively recent poll, the fact the Democrats sling the "racist" word around as often as they do "Republican" isn't new. It easily dates back about 50 years years.

Democrats label Republicans racist, bigoted, sexist in Axios poll
A stunning 61 percent of Democrats labeled Republicans as “racist/bigoted/sexist” when asked which words they would use to describe the other party, while 31 percent of Republicans said the same thing about Democrats, according to a poll released this week.

Mar 2019
California
Hate against the opposition and name-calling are very common these days. Although this is a relatively recent poll, the fact the Democrats sling the "racist" word around as often as they do "Republican" isn't new. It easily dates back about 50 years years.

A stunning 61 percent of Democrats labeled Republicans as “racist/bigoted/sexist” when asked which words they would use to describe the other party, while 31 percent of Republicans said the same thing about Democrats, according to a poll released this week.
Thanx for bringing this one up.

Jan 2014
California

M. Bob,

I wouldn't put much faith in an on-line poll, except it does tend to show Republicans are more open minded than Democrats.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
M. Bob,

I wouldn't put much faith in an on-line poll, except it does tend to show Republicans are more open minded than Democrats.
While I tend to agree about online polls, it does fit the standard seen on forums, doesn't it? After all, aren't forum postings a form of "on-line poll"?

If you have better data, I'd love to see it. Until then, I'll go with then one.