Democrats Oppose Trump's Gay Nominee to the Federal Bench

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I'm not impressed.

Critics call this an abuse of the system and point out that all the Trump picks for the appeals courts and the Supreme Court tend to have something in common: most of them are white men.

"Of his 48 appellate nominations, none are African-American," said Vanita Gupta of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights.

"None are Latino. Only nine are women. Our nation's great diversity should be reflected in its government institutions, especially the federal judiciary, which serves as the guardian of our rights and liberties."
Trump Is Reshaping The Judiciary. A Breakdown By Race, Gender And Qualification

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Confess am a little confused?

What does the fact that the candidates happen to be gay have to do with anything? Why is it even part of the discussion?

It’s simple. The left calls Trump a racist, homophobic, and sexist. Just more proof that he’s not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
I think it's kinda funny... Trump is now apparently going through the checklist of 'virtues' that the leftists like to signal, and using them to show that these virtues are just meaningless signals and not real sentiments.

Reactions: OlGuy

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
It's nice to see the right suddenly and miraculously so supportive of homosexuals. I mean, it's a little sad that for that to happen Trump had to put a ring through their noses, tie a rope to it and then pull them in that direction, but from a pragmatic standpoint I'm happy they got there anyway.

Nov 2015
UK
It's nice to see the right suddenly and miraculously so supportive of homosexuals. I mean, it's a little sad that for that to happen Trump had to put a ring through their noses, tie a rope to it and then pull them in that direction, but from a pragmatic standpoint I'm happy they got there anyway.
Quite the opposite. The Democrats say and do the opposite to Trump, so if it means those Democrats have to be homophobic, then so be it. Nothing can get in the way of their agenda.