Demographics mean trouble for the NRA

May 2012
By the wall
Support for gun control in general has diminished lately in other measures. In an ABC/Post poll in October, the public divided almost exactly evenly between giving a higher priority to protecting gun ownership rights or enacting new gun control laws, 47-46 percent. That marked a shift from early 2013, when we found a 12-point preference for new gun control laws.
Additionally, just last month, for the first time, we found majority opposition to a ban on assault weapons, 53 to 45 percent.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/views-gun-control-polling-summary-poll/story?id=36096424

Yeah guns aren't going anywhere soon.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
REally 200,000,000 guns in the us.. more firearms in teh US than Cars.

Yet 34,000 fewer accidental deaths by guns.
I don't think accidents were a consideration of the details. I think the Harvard study focused on gun owners and their shrinking numbers.

Guns don't die...gun owners do.

May 2012
By the wall
I don't think accidents were a consideration of the details. I think the Harvard study focused on gun owners and their shrinking numbers.

Fairly irrelevant. There are over 300 million guns in circulation in the US and they will be passed down in some fashion when the owner dies.

There is absolutely no way to get rid of guns in America.

For instance, when I pass my guns will go to a charity who will then sell them for the profit.

Aug 2016
usa
More people die accidently in bathtubs than from firearm accidents. So yes.
We have a winner ladies and gentlemen!

Here's an idea. Why don't you put bathtubs all around your home. This will prevent any criminals from even considering to come in. Plus the government militia will cross you off their list.

Wait, maybe not. Maybe you will slip in one while walking the dog, and shoot him in the balls.

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN

Yes I have been called on Surveys asking if I own a firearm.. you know what I say.. NO.. because I don't want some idiot to come to my home and steal them because they know I own them.

You see that is why I carry CCL so when you sit next to me in a eatery or ride a bus in AZ you don't know I am armed.

What do you think any responsible firearm owner would say if a stranger calls and asks you about ownership.. DUH.

May 2012
By the wall
Yes I have been called on Surveys asking if I own a firearm.. you know what I say.. NO.. because I don't want some idiot to come to my home and steal them because they know I own them.

You see that is why I carry CCL so when you sit next to me in a eatery or ride a bus in AZ you don't know I am armed.

What do you think any responsible firearm owner would say if a stranger calls and asks you about ownership.. DUH.
I don't CC because I would probably just get in trouble. I only pull out my guns when I head out into the desert.