Dems: If the primary were today, who would get your vote?

Jan 2016
Colorado
And you don't think Buttigeig being a homosexual is a handicap?
Colorado Governor Jared Polis is gay. He won election EASILY. America's attitudes towards all this have changed dramatically in the past few decades. A sea change, really. Still, yes, I do worry about this to some extent. Colorado is certainly more progressive, more libertarian, than most other states, on these kinds of issues. Colorado was the first state to legalize recreational marijuana, for instance. OTOH, it wasn't all that long ago that Colorado was known as 'the Hate State', because we passed an Amendment to the state Constitution that was later struck down by the SCOTUS, that would have allowed communities to discriminate against gays. So that sea change in attitudes towards gays happened even faster in Colorado than it did in the rest of the nation.

For right now, I would like to see Buttigieg as a running mate, not at the top of the ticket.....

Here's a handicap: Biden's recent comments about China were SO fucking STUPID and so fucking NAIVE that anyone who heard them ought to be SHOCKED.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Colorado Governor Jared Polis is gay. He won election EASILY. America's attitudes towards all this have changed dramatically in the past few decades. A sea change, really. Still, yes, I do worry about this to some extent. Colorado is certainly more progressive, more libertarian, than most other states, on these kinds of issues. Colorado was the first state to legalize recreational marijuana, for instance. OTOH, it wasn't all that long ago that Colorado was known as 'the Hate State', because we passed an Amendment to the state Constitution that was later struck down by the SCOTUS, that would have allowed communities to discriminate against gays. So that sea change in attitudes towards gays happened even faster in Colorado than it did in the rest of the nation.

For right now, I would like to see Buttigieg as a running mate, not at the top of the ticket.....

Here's a handicap: Biden's recent comments about China were SO fucking STUPID and so fucking NAIVE that anyone who heard them ought to be SHOCKED.
Black woman interviewed after listening to Kamala Harris. “ She is really good, but I know America, Biden is electable.”

For me, I have not made a choice and will not until next year. Too many things can happen in a year.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Black woman interviewed after listening to Kamala Harris. “ She is really good, but I know America, Biden is electable.”

For me, I have not made a choice and will not until next year. Too many things can happen in a year.
I certainly have made no final choice yet, either, MaryAnne. Am only giving my thoughts for now...….:)

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I certainly have made no final choice yet, either, MaryAnne. Am only giving my thoughts for now...….:)
Our local news gave Biden extremely negative new coverage this weekend. Said his "slurry speech" showed his age. Talked about him being 80 as president. Ugh. Thats horrible but something he will face. They actually gave Klobuchar the first good coverage I have seen over her addiction plan.

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
Biden.

Tho I could be wooed by Buddha-jedge, Harris, or Warren without too much foreplay.

Actually, any decent Dem* will do,
Doesn't even matter who!
Be it Amy, be it Beto, be it Joe
Whoever gets Trump to go!

*So, not Carpetbagger Bernie

Mar 2019
California
Biden.

Tho I could be wooed by Buddha-jedge, Harris, or Warren without too much foreplay.

Actually, any decent Dem* will do,
Doesn't even matter who!
Be it Amy, be it Beto, be it Joe
Whoever gets Trump to go!

*So, not Carpetbagger Bernie
Well, Y'all will get yer wish.In 2025.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!

So, it would have taken a plurality of Colorado residents to pass that travesty of an Amendment in the first place. My question then would be if there were that many who wanted to discriminate against Gays in Colorado how could they then turn around and vote for a Gay Governor as you have identified? Just curious. Guess much cooler heads prevailed in the end in your purple state huh?:)

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
So, it would have taken a plurality of Colorado residents to pass that travesty of an Amendment in the first place. My question then would be if there were that many who wanted to discriminate against Gays in Colorado how could they then turn around and vote for a Gay Governor as you have identified? Just curious. Guess much cooler heads prevailed in the end in your purple state huh?:)
Not quite.

Colorado is going through a recall.