Dems polling at 1 or 2% need to seriously consider a Senate run

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
This is a great Tweet making an excellent point. If you're at 1 or 2 at this point, THINK. You may be raising your profile is about it. Perhaps hang on through the first or second debate and it you ain't at 5-10 .. STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY and decide whether you want Mitch McTurtle naming judges that'll be around for the next 50 years.

Good point. Democrats polling at 1 or 2% are highly unlikely to get the nomination, let alone win the general election. Why not run instead for the Senate, where they have a chance of winning? Even if Trump wins the election, he won't get much past a Democratic controlled Congress. He'll wind up in the WhiteHouse tweeting about how unfair it all is and how the Democrats are keeping America from being Great Again.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Beto lost in Texas to Ted Cruz

Stacey Abrams can't get off the race card train. It's not a good look for someone wanting to be a Senator.

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
So they lost before but now you think they can win?
You are comparing apples and oranges.

Cornyn's approval rating is even lower than Goober Cruz's
Purdue's is lower than even Crooked Bryan Kemp (and that was for GOVERNOR - Not Senate .. everyone knows Abrams now)

I hate it when I have to think for Spookycolt :rolleyes:

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I think Hickenlooper, Bullock and Beto would win by 2-3% (Hickenlooper even more - pretty good Gov) ...

Hoping that Stacey will reconsider - She may jump in here just for the national exposure. Bet she could be convinced.
They only have a few months left to reconsider. I think the deadline for the NH primary is Sep or Oct 2019. They cant run for two positions at the same time. Hickenlooper and Beto should reconsider. Bullock is interesting, but I dont know if he will do well.

May 2012
By the wall
You are comparing apples and oranges.

Cornyn's approval rating is even lower than Goober Cruz's
Purdue's is lower than even Crooked Bryan Kemp (and that was for GOVERNOR - Not Senate .. everyone knows Abrams now)

I hate it when I have to think for Spookycolt :rolleyes:
Approval ratings will win you elections.

lol

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
Approval ratings will win you elections.

lol
Listen here my friend (not that you'd be interested in learning anything new ;-)

Nobody thought that both Beto and Abrams would come within less than 2% of Cruz and Kemp. The polls had them behind on average around 3.