Dems polling at 1 or 2% need to seriously consider a Senate run

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
I just cringe at the idea of debates. If it's like the GOP series, they won't yield substantive dialogue, rather favor the candidate with the best one-liner of the night. Say something bombastic and that gets attention. Promise the sun and the moon and... "whoops were outa time!" so who knows the plans (if there are any...) to pay for or accomplish this or that.

So yes, the low tier wo/men should clear the field and live to fight another day.
I wonder why Abrams won't run for Senate... That's kooky. She would be a great addition to the caucus.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I just cringe at the idea of debates. If it's like the GOP series, they won't yield substantive dialogue, rather favor the candidate with the best one-liner of the night. Say something bombastic and that gets attention. Promise the sun and the moon and... "whoops were outa time!" so who knows the plans (if there are any...) to pay for or accomplish this or that.

So yes, the low tier wo/men should clear the field and live to fight another day.
I wonder why Abrams won't run for Senate... That's kooky. She would be a great addition to the caucus.
Yup the loudest one wins. Also what a nightmare if they schedule two night debates what 12 times for how many debates they want? Ugh.

May 2012
By the wall
Listen here my friend (not that you'd be interested in learning anything new ;-)

Nobody thought that both Beto and Abrams would come within less than 2% of Cruz and Kemp. The polls had them behind on average around 3.
And they lost.

Polls had Hillary way up and she lost.

So much for polls huh?

How do you explain that one?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
And they lost.

Polls had Hillary way up and she lost.

So much for polls huh?

How do you explain that one?
Well they were general election polls. Primary polling is far less a sure thing. In mid 2015, Jeb Bush was sure to be the GOP winner. He didnt get very far yet he was over 50% in some polls.

Jun 2014
United States
Beto lost in Texas to Ted Cruz

Stacey Abrams can't get off the race card train. It's not a good look for someone wanting to be a Senator.

Nobody who lives in Georgia can escape the "race card train". Racism is and has long been an overwhelming feature of Georgia politics.

You just want black people to shut the hell up and join you in pretending that racism doesn't exist. That's easy enough to do, for those on the good end of the stick.