Dershowitz DefendingTrump's Civil Liberties

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
First of all, why not post some content and a little more commentary instead of just a fucking reading assignment?

Secondly, from the article:

Dershowitz, who is an opinion contributor for The Hill, insisted that he was only attempting to protect Trump’s civil liberties.

“I am not part of the Trump defense team and don’t you dare accuse me of doing that,” he said. “I am not making a case for anybody.”

He said would be making the same case in Clinton’s defense if she had been elected and prosecutors were “trying to stretch the law”
in the same way that they’re targeting Trump.
They targeted Hillary for years over Benghazi and then her emails. Did Dershowitz ever get on television to defend her? I tried googling that and nothing came up.

Anyone know?

I know he defended Bill on television during the impeachment hearings, but I have never seen him speak out on Hillary's behalf.

Maybe he limits his advocacy to men who mistreat women.

Seems to be his favorite people.

Feb 2007
In my mind
Hey, Alan Dershowitz got himself on TV, again, defending Trump, again.

Who would have ever predicted it?

That being said, I think Alan Dershowitz really enjoys the notoriety he seemingly seeks.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
yeah, I watched that entire segment. Dershowitz seems to be awful touchy about defending Trump for someone that has a book with the title "The Case Against Impeaching Trump". He had a total meltdown and started accusing everyone on the panel of accusing him of "defending trump". Well, that's exactly what he's been doing since Trump took office.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
yeah, I watched that entire segment. Dershowitz seems to be awful touchy about defending Trump for someone that has a book with the title "The Case Against Impeaching Trump". He had a total meltdown and started accusing everyone on the panel of accusing him of "defending trump". Well, that's exactly what he's been doing since Trump took office.
Actually, Dershowitz is defending the US Constitution and that is what is upsetting these Leftist.

Sep 2016
My own world
OJ Simpson was guilty and Dershowitz defended him too. For a price he will defend anybody and in this case the price is the sale of his book. He is getting free advertisement every time he goes on TV to talk about Trump and defend him. I wouldn't pay 2 cents for his book. I would say if I were guilty of a crime however I would hire him. He is very good at defending the guilty. Having said that Dershowitz says he wouldn't take Trump's case and told Trump that. The reason he wouldn't is that then he couldn't go on TV and sell his book and he is sure to get paid by his publisher. He is not guaranteed pay't by Trump because he has stiffed his lawyers before.

Last edited:

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
OJ Simpson was guilty and Dershowitz defended him too. For a price he will defend anybody and in this case the price is the sale of his book. He is getting free advertisement every time he goes on TV to talk about Trump and defends him. I wouldn't pay 2 cents for his book. I would say if I were guilty of a crime however I would hire him. He is very good at defending the guilty.
actually, the verdict in the OJ trial was not guilty. Dershowitz did his job. Trump hasn't actually been charged with a crime. Whether he'll actually be impeached remains to be seen. But yeah, he's trying to sale a book. Even got Trump's endorsement from what I understand.