Despite printed creed, full program, Trumps pout, don't participate in funeral services

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
So is everyone who claims to be a Christian. Have you given away everything you own to the poor? That's where it's supposed to start....
The bible doesn't tell us to give away everything to the poor. But, giving to the needy should be important to all Christians.

By their fruits you will know them.

Matthews 7:16

Jul 2014
CA
GWB did this is the most subtle way...good for him

President George H.W. Bush’s funeral, by design, was not about the sitting commander in chief, but there were moments when Donald Trump’s presence was paramount.

The 41st president’s son, George W. Bush, never mentioned the 45th president by name during his humorous and emotional eulogy for his father. But there were moments during his remarks that made clear the deep differences between the elder Bush and Trump.

“Of course, dad taught me another special lesson; he showed me what it means to be a president who serves with integrity, leads with courage and acts with love in his heart for the citizens of our country,” the 43rd president said in his familiar Texas drawl.

“When the history books are written they will say that George H.W. Bush was a great president of the United States, a diplomat of unmatched skill, a commander in chief of formidable accomplishment and a gentleman who executed the duties of his office with dignity and honor,” he said.

Trump Presence Felt During Poignant Moments of Bush 41’s Funeral

Mic drop...

Jun 2007
Ohio
GWB did this is the most subtle way...good for him

President George H.W. Bush’s funeral, by design, was not about the sitting commander in chief, but there were moments when Donald Trump’s presence was paramount.

The 41st president’s son, George W. Bush, never mentioned the 45th president by name during his humorous and emotional eulogy for his father. But there were moments during his remarks that made clear the deep differences between the elder Bush and Trump.

“Of course, dad taught me another special lesson; he showed me what it means to be a president who serves with integrity, leads with courage and acts with love in his heart for the citizens of our country,” the 43rd president said in his familiar Texas drawl.

“When the history books are written they will say that George H.W. Bush was a great president of the United States, a diplomat of unmatched skill, a commander in chief of formidable accomplishment and a gentleman who executed the duties of his office with dignity and honor,” he said.

Trump Presence Felt During Poignant Moments of Bush 41’s Funeral

Mic drop...
Isn't it amazing how we now can't say anything praising the integrity, courage, honesty and self sacrifice of a public official without having to worry that the current president will be offended?

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I have already answered that question. Look above.
No, you have not said what kind of Christian Trump is. You said what he wasn’t.

I really want to know what kind of Christian lies every time he opens his mouth, says the most hateful things about other people, is rude, crude, a known thief. Destroys the very bonds of law, rejects climate change.