Detractors using racial ‘dog whistle’ tactics in House leadership race, Clyburn says

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
No one should be surprised, the Dims history teaches us that.

Rep. Jim Clyburn of South Carolina on Tuesday accused detractors of using racially-charged “dog whistles” to undermine his bid for the No. 3 slot in House Democratic leadership.

Clyburn, the current assistant Democratic leader and highest ranking black lawmaker in Congress, told McClatchy race was being injected into the competition for House majority whip.

He didn’t offer names.

“I don’t know where it’s all coming from,” Clyburn said in an interview with McClatchy. “But someone came to me over the weekend and told me that (they heard), when I was whip before, I was a figurehead.”

Suggestions that, as the only black member of the leadership team, he was a token and not an effective leader, were tantamount to “the little dog whistles that have been floating around this side for a long time,” Clyburn said.

“What do you mean, I was a figurehead? Nothing could be further from the truth,” he added.

Read more here: Detractors using racial ‘dog whistle’ tactics in House leadership race, Clyburn says

Read more here: Detractors using racial ‘dog whistle’ tactics in House leadership race, Clyburn says

Apr 2010
Oregon
So you uh wanna name those POC in GOP leadership roles? The fucking balls on conservatives

Calling a whip a figurehead is obsurd. They are little heard of and are the ones get the fucking votes. Just shows you how goddamn dumb the “detractor” wing is. They are a small faction yet you guys wanna make it seem like they run the Democratic Party.

And blexit. Looolllll. 1/6th is the vote?! Stop the fucking presses!

May 2012
By the wall
So you uh wanna name those POC in GOP leadership roles? The fucking balls on conservatives

Calling a whip a figurehead is obsurd. They are little heard of and are the ones get the fucking votes. Just shows you how goddamn dumb the “detractor” wing is. They are a small faction yet you guys wanna make it seem like they run the Democratic Party.

Considering that democrats only count them as 3/5ths of a person that is quite a bit.

Dec 2014
The Milky Way

Great trolling! Congrats.