Did god write the bible?

May 2012
By the wall
He used humans to write it.

Your proof I guess would be that 40 different authors, as well as some anonymous ones took 1500 years to write it, many of them not even reading what was written before them.

Yet the Bible never contradicts itself between authors. It would be damn near impossible to get 5 people to contribute to a book over the course of a year, when they don't even know what its actually about in its entirety and not contradict anyone before them and stay consistent in the story.

I suppose you could just chalk that up to luck if you want but seriously, unless God was telling them what to write the Bible would be a complete mess with one author not making any sense compared to the other authors, it would be a collection of short stories each with a different topic but the Bible flows very nicely.

And remember, this is over the course of 15 centuries we are talking about and its not like many of these guys had a complete Bible to read up to their contribution, in fact, I don't think most were even aware of what had been written before them.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Mass and Florida
He used humans to write it.

Your proof I guess would be that 40 different authors, as well as some anonymous ones took 1500 years to write it, many of them not even reading what was written before them.

Yet the Bible never contradicts itself between authors. It would be damn near impossible to get 5 people to contribute to a book over the course of a year, when they don't even know what its actually about in its entirety and not contradict anyone before them and stay consistent in the story.

I suppose you could just chalk that up to luck if you want but seriously, unless God was telling them what to write the Bible would be a complete mess with one author not making any sense compared to the other authors, it would be a collection of short stories each with a different topic but the Bible flows very nicely.

And remember, this is over the course of 15 centuries we are talking about and its not like many of these guys had a complete Bible to read up to their contribution, in fact, I don't think most were even aware of what had been written before them.
Thanks for the serious response but that's faith, not proof.

May 2012
By the wall
Its neither, its just evidence one would use to consider something.

There is no proof of God and never will be.

There is also no proof that God isn't real either.

In fact, the same evidence science uses to explain the beginning of the universe and the creation of life is essentially the same ones Christians use, they just call it God.

People who ridicule Christians for saying that God just snapped his fingers and magically made everything appear is what they are saying when they claim the universe just popped into existence one day from nothingness, magically.

Nov 2008
Washington state
No that’s proof. Everyone of the Bible’s books are researched and documented. The Dead Sea Scrolls are even more proof nothing was altered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 2008
Washington state
Then I'm not a buyer.
Without verifiable proof we end up with a snake oil salesman like Trump.
No, you end up with 66 books of the Bible in agreement. Even if you don’t believe their is a God, what are the chances even one prophecy coming true without God telling them the future? There has been hundreds of prophecies come true. The Jews acquired Israel in 1948 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 2018
Vancouver
Then I'm not a buyer.
Without verifiable proof we end up with a snake oil salesman like Trump.
Fair enough. Alternately, I would think that without a belief that humanity has moral and ethical obligations to serve a higher power we end up with a disgusting, degenerate, ammoral sociopath like Donald Trump.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
If so.....your proof?
Sort of. G-d dictated most of the Torah to Moshe Rabbeinu (the first two mitzvos (commandments) were relayed directly from G-d to Israel). The Nevi'im (Prophets) were written by human beings concerning matters relayed by G-d through them. The Ketuvim (Writings) were written by human beings, perhaps with Divine Inspiration.

As to proof ... religious works are by definition based in belief.