Did god write the bible?

Nov 2008
Washington state
Not necessarily, especially if they were trying to present themselves as contemporary accounts.

Non-sequitur.

No, they're assertions all right.

That is immaterial whether he is supposed to have prophesied it or not. You are basing your position on several assumptions.
No assumption, Jesus spoke of the Temple being destroyed and it happened in 70AD. “Look, Teacher, what wonderful stones and what wonderful buildings!” And Jesus said to him, “Do you see these great buildings? There will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.” (Mark 13:1-2)

Apr 2011
My mother's womb, of course.
You're quite mad, do you know that? It is scientists who have developed the vaccines that have saved MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of lives, for example, by wiping smallpox out of the world----smallpox, down through the ages, killed more human beings than any other single AGENT. It is scientists who brought about the 'Green Revolution' that prevented large-scale famines in Asia following World War II. It is the general advancement of science that has raised the standard of living of humanity and extended our lifespans, almost DOUBLING our life expectancy in the 20th century alone. It is science that has done all this, while your wacky theologians wasted huge amounts of intellectual effort in utterly fruitless arguments over how many angels could dance on the head of a pin.

Today, through the power of science, we routinely force trillions of electrons to dance to our commands in areas much smaller than the head of a pin, in the transistors that power our Information Age, and allow us to share our thoughts on the Internet, just as we are doing, right at this moment.
While Christian fundamentalists murder babies in faith healing scams and Catholic priests rape little boys and then the Pope covers up for them. RIP, Jessica Crank.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Care to share those writings to prove Jesus repeated them?
Actually, what they said was that the Temple would be rebuilt - i.e., that there would be a Third Temple. Naturally, Jesus could not have done that, since the Second Temple stood during his lifetime. However, for your edification (so to speak), you can review Yeshayau 2:2 and Yechezkel 37:26.

Nov 2008
Washington state
don't see anything about the destruction of the temple in 70AD. You claimed Jesus was just repeating what other prophets said. Building a New Temple, doesn't speak of the Old Temple being destroyed.

Dec 2014
SPECTRE HQ
No assumption, Jesus spoke of the Temple being destroyed and it happened in 70AD. “Look, Teacher, what wonderful stones and what wonderful buildings!” And Jesus said to him, “Do you see these great buildings? There will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.” (Mark 13:1-2)

Of course the book states thus, and I never argued it didn't. That is not the assumption I was talking about (I was referring to YOUR POSITION) and I don't think you are quite up to this subject I'm afraid. Furthermore, I really can't be bothered having to explain myself and what I'm discussing repeatedly to someone who doesn't want to and can't understand the conversation. This subject requires one to comprehend textual analysis and you can barely string a sentence together.

Last edited:

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
don't see anything about the destruction of the temple in 70AD.
Nor is that date anywhere else, considering no calendar involving "AD" existed until almost 500 years after the death of the purported Jesus, and even then was not in wide use for another 300 years.
Building a New Temple, doesn't speak of the Old Temple being destroyed.
You cannot rebuild a Temple that still exists.

This statement by Blues63 is quite apropos:
I really can't be bothered having to explain myself and what I'm discussing repeatedly to someone who doesn't want to and can't understand the conversation. This subject requires one to comprehend textual analysis and you can barely string a sentence together.

Nov 2008
Washington state
Nor is that date anywhere else, considering no calendar involving "AD" existed until almost 500 years after the death of the purported Jesus, and even then was not in wide use for another 300 years.

You cannot rebuild a Temple that still exists.

This statement by Blues63 is quite apropos:
You said Jesus was just repeating what was already known. He said the temple would be destroyed, just would like to see the writings he repeated you spoke of.

Jun 2014
United States

Jesus said what many other Jewish religious leaders of his time said. To understand Jesus, you must understand that He was a Jew, as were all of his disciples.