Did Michael Avenatti get pranked by a 4Chan user?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Oh wow lets hope not...this would be bad. Cant find much about this but its trending.

According to a user on 4Chan, he and his girlfriend were behind Avenatti’s claims about having a bombshell witness, only the entire thing was a total prank. As he highlights in his thread, the man and his girlfriend used burner phones to convince Avanetti that the girlfriend had sex with Kavanaugh and Judge at the same time. She tells Avenatti to call another number belonging to the boyfriend, who acts as a classmate of Kavanaugh’s from his high school days and confirms everything.

So confident was Avanetti that he appeared on MSNBC to tell Rachel Maddow all about it... He played it up on Twitter like this would be the story of the year. Then suddenly, Avenatti’s confidence began to slip and before we knew it, he had privatized his account. The obvious explanation was that something had blown up in his face, and he had gone into hiding. What it was, however, remained a mystery.

Was the Avenatti Bombshell Witness Claim All the Result of a Well Executed 4Chan Prank?

Reactions: Libertine

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Oh wow lets hope not...this would be bad. Cant find much about this but its trending.

According to a user on 4Chan, he and his girlfriend were behind Avenatti’s claims about having a bombshell witness, only the entire thing was a total prank. As he highlights in his thread, the man and his girlfriend used burner phones to convince Avanetti that the girlfriend had sex with Kavanaugh and Judge at the same time. She tells Avenatti to call another number belonging to the boyfriend, who acts as a classmate of Kavanaugh’s from his high school days and confirms everything.

So confident was Avanetti that he appeared on MSNBC to tell Rachel Maddow all about it... He played it up on Twitter like this would be the story of the year. Then suddenly, Avenatti’s confidence began to slip and before we knew it, he had privatized his account. The obvious explanation was that something had blown up in his face, and he had gone into hiding. What it was, however, remained a mystery.

Was the Avenatti Bombshell Witness Claim All the Result of a Well Executed 4Chan Prank?
Wow, that would be humiliating.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Well, 4Chan is...4Chan. So color me highly skeptical. But...it is interesting he's suddenly locked down his Twitter account.
Yea Jeffrey Toobin on CNN was really skeptical of this earlier today. Said this would blow up massively and be a mess. He even claimed it would let Kavanaugh be confirmed sooner if this didnt end well.

Wonderer

May 2014
Missouri
Yea Jeffrey Toobin on CNN was really skeptical of this earlier today. Said this would blow up massively and be a mess. He even claimed it would let Kavanaugh be confirmed sooner if this didnt end well.
That'd be ironic.

Avenatti was 2-3 years behind me at a neighboring/rival HS. I've not run across any mutual acquaintances to get a sense of what he was like then. I'll give him one thing, for sure - he knows how to generate publicity/a stir!

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
That'd be ironic.

Avenatti was 2-3 years behind me at a neighboring/rival HS. I've not run across any mutual acquaintances to get a sense of what he was like then. I'll give him one thing, for sure - he knows how to generate publicity/a stir!
He has been referred to as the "anti Trump Trump." lol

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Avenatti basically has confirmed he has experienced a major disaster by locking down his Twitter account.

Started to have a bad feeling about it last night.

Didn't want to bet it was real, both because I don't make bets sight unseen, and because Avenatti has been increasingly erratic of late.

Those who say this damages Ford or Ramirez are engaging in willful wishful thinking. They had nothing at all to do with Avenatti.

Even so, it gives some fuel to the GOP, who have been reeling since Kavanaugh's catastrophic Fox interview.

Murkowski also gave an interview last night that leads me to believe that Pence may come into play here, that's the best the GOP can hope for.

Reactions: TennesseeRain
Dec 2014
The Milky Way