Did Our Taxes - Thanks Trump And Republican Majority In Congress

Oct 2013
USA
Let me say that I send my wishes that you fare better than we did. I'm only happy that it wasn't worse though it is not good. For next year I suggest you have a bunch of children as that may help or that you become wealthy enough to get some of the money everyone else is paying for.

Last edited:

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
Let me say that I send my wishes that you fare better than we did. I'm only happy that it wasn't worse though it is not good. For next year I suggest you have a bunch of children as that may help or that you become wealthy enough to get some of the money everyone else is paying for.
I dread doing my taxes. I have never received a refund in my life, always paid up and beyond. I have a feeling we will pay up and beyond what we normally do. We were warned by our employers early last year to plan for it. Thanks for the heads up. Did you end up writing a check?

Oct 2013
USA
I dread doing my taxes. I have never received a refund in my life, always paid up and beyond. I have a feeling we will pay up and beyond what we normally do. We were warned by our employers early last year to plan for it. Thanks for the heads up. Did you end up writing a check?
Didn't have to write a check because we do have deductible investments so the refund is just this side of paying. One thing that impacts is we still have to do the long form so it may not be the same outcome for people who can do the short form. Your employers gave wise advice as this is a case of everyone has different outcomes so be prepared. In our case the best I can say is while worse, it could have been much worse.

Oct 2013
USA
Mo

Most Americans will see more money.

Not to mention those who won’t have to pay the Obamacare fine.
I certainly hope most see better refunds or lower payouts. We'll see between now and tax day. I'm not sure how families with children may come out but they may do better than others depending on how many children are at home. We are in a wait and see timeframe right now.

Most people don't pay healthcare fines, they just have insurance.