Did Our Taxes - Thanks Trump And Republican Majority In Congress

Nov 2015
UK
You summed it up perfectly in that last line! Lol. Yes you can assume that promise hasn't matched, at least for some.
Our Chancellor comes out with his budget in October, various tax cuts or duty increases immediately starting. Some don't dribble in till the start of the financial year being 6th April.

Exactly what you are going through; sounds good, looks good and amazing promises. As time passes, the middle tax payers find out they've been screwed and are worse off.

One good thing has come out of this thread, I now know your middle income tax payers get screwed just like ours!!

Oct 2013
USA
Our Chancellor comes out with his budget in October, various tax cuts or duty increases immediately starting. Some don't dribble in till the start of the financial year being 6th April.

Exactly what you are going through; sounds good, looks good and amazing promises. As time passes, the middle tax payers find out they've been screwed and are worse off.

One good thing has come out of this thread, I now know your middle income tax payers get screwed just like ours!!
Is it wrong to say it is nice to know that someone else is suffering too? No that is just wrong. I take it back. ;) It does always seem to end up with the middle class being screwed. Nice talking to you. I learned a lot about the UK tax system from you. Very interesting conversation.

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
Welcome to the modern world, where the parties of limited government want more money to do less. I used to get a return here is Australia, but then the Conservatives gained power and wanted more.

Nov 2016
USA
Uh...No he doesn't.

He promised Mexico would pay for the wall.

He promised health care for all on 60 Minutes stating that the Government would pay for it.

I could go on and on.
Didn’t he also promise to do something about the outrageous drug prices? He talks the talk, but so far that’s all he’s done, it seems.

Jan 2014
California
My accountant tells me she will increase her fee because of he extra work the new tax code causes. It also looks like the new code puts me in a higher bracket, even though my income is about the same.
Mr. Chipps,

I'd get a new accountant. Unless you earn over $200,000, your tax bracket went down.

Apr 2018
oregon
Let me say that I send my wishes that you fare better than we did. I'm only happy that it wasn't worse though it is not good. For next year I suggest you have a bunch of children as that may help or that you become wealthy enough to get some of the money everyone else is paying for.
Did your taxes go up? Did your expected refund go down? Those are two separate things.