Did Our Taxes - Thanks Trump And Republican Majority In Congress

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Didn’t he also promise to do something about the outrageous drug prices? He talks the talk, but so far that’s all he’s done, it seems.
If he wasn’t fighting the Democrats every step of the way, we might see drug prices come down. But if he purposed any idea, the Democrats automatically oppose it. Doesn’t matter what it is.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk Pro

Oct 2013
USA
Did your taxes go up? Did your expected refund go down? Those are two separate things.
I agree. I can only say our expected refund was down. Part of those who are getting smaller tax refunds or owe more may be more connected to companies taking less out of paychecks in anticipation of the tax change or loss of some deductions impacting them. We did benefit in some areas so for us it was a lower refund but not devastatingly lower, just less. We are all going to have different tax realities with this but so far early tax returns are showing lowered tax refunds or higher payouts. It may be that nationally some are paying higher taxes but I don't know if that is the case due to loss of deductions. Good question.