Did Paula Deen do it again?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Paula Deen has some explaining to do, again.

"An image posted on her social media accounts Tuesday showed Deen and her son Bobby dressed as Lucy and Ricky Ricardo from the classic TV comedy show "I Love Lucy" -- which might not have been so bad if Bobby Deen's face was not clearly painted a darker shade of brown than his hands. Many were quick to call out the look as "brownface" and ask what the popular chef was thinking, especially two years after she was fired from the Food Network for using a racial slur."

"As one person tweeted: "Oh, boy...Paula Deen DOES NOT get it."

What do you think, does she know what she is doing or does she really not get it?

Paula Deen under fire for photo of son in brownface - CNN.com

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN

"An image posted on her social media accounts Tuesday showed Deen and her son Bobby dressed as Lucy and Ricky Ricardo from the classic TV comedy show "I Love Lucy" -- which might not have been so bad if Bobby Deen's face was not clearly painted a darker shade of brown than his hands. Many were quick to call out the look as "brownface" and ask what the popular chef was thinking, especially two years after she was fired from the Food Network for using a racial slur."

What do you think, does she know what she is doing or does she really not get it?

No, they were playing a character....

Lot less racist then this.

[video=youtube;bWRoEpYuHwI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWRoEpYuHwI[/video]

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
This is a stupid, stupid, stupid woman.
I just cant figure out what she or her handlers must be thinking? Is she that naïve? Does she think its funny or cute? If she is naïve how come no one stops and says anything to her?

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
I just cant figure out what she or her handlers must be thinking? Is she that naïve? Does she think its funny or cute? If she is naïve how come no one stops and says anything to her?
could be, that would show they are not racist...

Jul 2014
Border Fence
I think the photo is like for years old...but it goes to thinking. Hopefull she's not painting anything now but her nails. Clear.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Lots of people manage to have cooking shows that are about the food and not the personalities. This is a lazy woman using sensationalism to sell her "brand". I'm so sick of these phony baloney fake rednecks all over the television. They are making southerners look like idiots.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio

Paula Deen fired the Media Consultant that did that,as soon as she found out.

Her two boys have a new show on Food Network. I like both of them and intend to watch.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Paula fired the man responsible. I always enjoyed her shows. I wonder how many of us would be fired for making ignorant remarks?