Did Stacey Abrams finally admit that she didn't win in 2018?

Mar 2019
On a drive-by

Stacey Abrams
@staceyabrams

Replying to @staceyabrams

Democrats are in a position in 2020 to replicate and expand upon what my campaign accomplished in 2018. In fact, we are better positioned now. The trends are unmistakable and, with full investment and the right strategy, victory is within our reach. Now, let’s get it done.

12:59 PM - Sep 9, 2019

Do you guys see what I see?

Her graph appears to show that she didn't win the Georgia gubernatorial race.

'Victory is within our reach'

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA

Stacey Abrams
@staceyabrams

Replying to @staceyabrams

Democrats are in a position in 2020 to replicate and expand upon what my campaign accomplished in 2018. In fact, we are better positioned now. The trends are unmistakable and, with full investment and the right strategy, victory is within our reach. Now, let’s get it done.

12:59 PM - Sep 9, 2019

Do you guys see what I see?

Her graph appears to show that she didn't win the Georgia gubernatorial race.

'Victory is within our reach'
Already have been over this

It's likely she lost because of Kemp's voter suppression efforts.

Shame this court ruling came so late.

U.S. courts rule against Georgia on voter suppression cases - Reuters

I applaud the work she is doing now. Trying to make sure that election are actually fair and free from voter suppression tactics.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
Sure thing, that is why the courts smacked Kemp down right?

it is a sure thing.... damn how jipped you all are constantly.

The disgraceful legitimization of Stacey Abrams’ election conspiracy theories

The Washington Post also published a news report Tuesday claiming “widespread irregularities” characterized “the Georgia gubernatorial race, including inaccurate voter rolls, shortages of voting machines and provisional ballots, and lack of uniform rules for counting absentee ballots.” There were no such irregularities, and all election day reports hinting at problems were later accounted for.

Abrams must have an incredible publicist. Two glowing media profiles, cable news appearances, a friendly New York Times op-ed and a Washington Post report published all in the same week? Someone deserves a raise. As for the facts of the Georgia race, those are quite different.

Kemp won with 50.2% of the vote, compared to Abrams’ 48.8%. There is no evidence to support her assertion that her supporters' votes were suppressed. In fact, as I have written before, the data points in the other direction. Voter turnout in 2018 was 3.9 million votes, massive compared to the 2.5 million votes cast in the previous midterm election of 2014, and almost as many as the estimated 4.1 million votes cast in Georgia during the 2016 presidential election. Turnout was up to presidential levels, very high for a midterm.

Why, then, are newsrooms doing so much to allow Abrams’ unfounded conspiracy to go unchallenged?

Or to put it another way, why was Alex Jones banned from social media if mainstream commentators can get away with saying things just as batty?

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
it is a sure thing.... damn how jipped you all are constantly.

The disgraceful legitimization of Stacey Abrams’ election conspiracy theories

The Washington Post also published a news report Tuesday claiming “widespread irregularities” characterized “the Georgia gubernatorial race, including inaccurate voter rolls, shortages of voting machines and provisional ballots, and lack of uniform rules for counting absentee ballots.” There were no such irregularities, and all election day reports hinting at problems were later accounted for.

Abrams must have an incredible publicist. Two glowing media profiles, cable news appearances, a friendly New York Times op-ed and a Washington Post report published all in the same week? Someone deserves a raise. As for the facts of the Georgia race, those are quite different.

Kemp won with 50.2% of the vote, compared to Abrams’ 48.8%. There is no evidence to support her assertion that her supporters' votes were suppressed. In fact, as I have written before, the data points in the other direction. Voter turnout in 2018 was 3.9 million votes, massive compared to the 2.5 million votes cast in the previous midterm election of 2014, and almost as many as the estimated 4.1 million votes cast in Georgia during the 2016 presidential election. Turnout was up to presidential levels, very high for a midterm.

Why, then, are newsrooms doing so much to allow Abrams’ unfounded conspiracy to go unchallenged?

Or to put it another way, why was Alex Jones banned from social media if mainstream commentators can get away with saying things just as batty?
I see you won't or can't address why the court smacked Kemp down.

Which has nothing to do with the WP or the NYT btw.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
How is a court case again Kemp propaganda?

And that court case you posted is not the same one as I posted.

From my link.

Two federal courts on Friday issued rulings that order Georgia to allow some 3,000 naturalized U.S. citizens to vote in elections next week and prevent the state from throwing out some absentee ballots.

The rulings are a rebuke to Secretary of State Brian Kemp, whose office oversees the voter rolls and who is the Republican candidate in the state’s hotly contested gubernatorial race.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS

From my link.

Two federal courts on Friday issued rulings that order Georgia to allow some 3,000 naturalized U.S. citizens to vote in elections next week and prevent the state from throwing out some absentee ballots.

The rulings are a rebuke to Secretary of State Brian Kemp, whose office oversees the voter rolls and who is the Republican candidate in the state’s hotly contested gubernatorial race.

yet she's still a loser. hahahahahaaazaaaa

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

From my link.

That's nice. Abrams still lost by over 50,000 votes.