Did the FBI and DoJ ask Putin's buddy help get Trump

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Deripaska is prominent.

I would hardly call him a "buddy" or a "confidante" to Putin though...

Not like the Rotenbeg brothers, certainly, who had known him since they were all teenagers in Judo school together. Or Igor Sechin, who was friends with him since they served in the KGB together.

Those guys are his "inner circle".

Deripaska is not quite at that level, sorry...

• Love
Reactions: the bull59
Jan 2019
southeast
Deripaska is prominent.

I would hardly call him a "buddy" or a "confidante" to Putin though...

Not like the Rotenbeg brothers, certainly, who had known him since they were all teenagers in Judo school together. Or Igor Sechin, who was friends with him since they served in the KGB together.

Those guys are his "inner circle".

Deripaska is not quite at that level, sorry...
How do you know this. Do you know either one of them personally. I am just reporting what is in the IG report

May 2019
midwest

<<.....>>

Among those hit by the penalties was Oleg Deripaska, a billionaire aluminum magnate who once had ties to former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

<<.....>>

The Russian oligarch has also been a recurring figure in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russia's role in the 2016 election and whether President Trump's campaign conspired with Moscow to swing the presidential race. .....

Reactions: The Man
Jan 2019
southeast

<<.....>>

Among those hit by the penalties was Oleg Deripaska, a billionaire aluminum magnate who once had ties to former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

<<.....>>

The Russian oligarch has also been a recurring figure in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russia's role in the 2016 election and whether President Trump's campaign conspired with Moscow to swing the presidential race. .....
Let me spell it out for you PAUL MANAFORT and that was prior to his short stint working for Trump. SNORE

Reactions: Izzshemovin
Sep 2016
My own world
Wow...talk about collusion. This guy had his hands into all matters that did not pertain to his real job.

I see the federalist trying to make something out of nothing. Did they use this oligarch, Deripaska? Nope. I guess that means that the FBI didn't think it was a good idea. I wonder why? Oh yeah see page 287 and 288 the FBI had already decided not to use Steele as a source and were tired of dealing with Orr about what Steele was telling them.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: the bull59