Did you see the Fox "personalities" meltdown over Megan Rapinoe?

Dec 2015
SoCal
In the grand scheme of soccer, being the best female player is like being the best hamburger at mcdonalds. A dubious honor at best.
In this post you are demeaning women.

No one is crying over this. I'm happy the US team won! That being said, the inherent truth of my post remains. Look up the revenue men's soccer generates and compare it to the women's. It's not a diss on women, it's just the facts. If reality makes you angsty, a bit of self introspection might serve you well.
In this post, contrary to what you claim about inherent truths, you are making an economic argument.

Then you have the audacity to speak about 'facts' and 'self-introspection' as if you have a leg to stand on.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
A witty commentator observed, "This is great, so the idea here is 'Make America Great Again' unless the American who is defeating all others is a pink-haired lesbian with opinions. Then that's no good. The Republican Party in a nutshell, ladies and gentlemen."
No one is unhappy that the team won. It's just that Rapinoe's constant look at me antics get tiresome.

Reactions: orangecat
May 2019
The Wine Country
Okay ...

There was something in this thread that was so offensive that I am beyond fury.

The McDouble is one hell of a hamburger. It has two patties and cheese on a very fine bun.

Make it a meal and you get a small portion of fires and a small drink for like three bucks.

Best deal in fast food.

Let's see your fancy-pants Burger King do that.

Jan 2019
southeast
Was it more of a meltdown over her or the NFL players taking a knee at the anthem? Which one triggered you and your ilk the most?
Are you confuse? We are not talking about the NFL. We are talking about an egotistical athelete that makes everything about herself.

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
No one is crying over this.
A cursory review of social media, of how Trump fans greeted the news of the USWNT winning, dispels this horsehockey.

This fucking guy was a guest of honor at the Rose Garden today! ↓

I'm happy the US team won! That being said, the inherent truth of my post remains. Look up the revenue men's soccer generates and compare it to the women's. It's not a diss on women, it's just the facts. If reality makes you angsty, a bit of self introspection might serve you well.
The U.S. women drew a larger audience on Sunday than the U.S. men, and the men played in prime time.

The U.S. women drew a larger audience on Sunday than the U.S. audience for the men's World Cup final in 2018.

The U.S. women's team contributes more revenue to the U.S. soccer federation than the U.S. men's team. Taken from behind paywall:

"From 2016 to 2018, women's games generated about $50.8 million in revenue compared with $49.9 million for the men, according to U.S. soccer's audited financial statements. In 2016, the year after the World Cup, the women generated $1.9 million more than the men."​

Want to say you're not upset, despite the obviously bitter nature of your post? Fine.

You're still wrong. Just the facts.