Did you see the Fox "personalities" meltdown over Megan Rapinoe?

Apr 2014
Maryland
Not a big fan of celebrities who tend to make these protests about themselves. She has an absolute right to execrate President Trump. That said she is a soccer player looking for a sound bite in the media.
She doesn’t need to put down the president for a sound bite in the media! She can get all the sound bites she wants because she is an amazing athlete and a superstar

Apr 2018
oregon
Okay, of course, they're equal to men they just aren't worth as much dollar and cents wise for whatever good reason you might come up with.
They're worth whatever the market determines. No more, no less. Same as the men. You should've learned how markets work in school.

Apr 2018
oregon
Okay, of course, they're equal to men they just aren't worth as much dollar and cents wise for whatever good reason you might come up with.
It's not my decision, btw. People pay more to see men play soccer than women. Not all the time, but the vast majority. The pay reflects that reality. I'm sure women strippers get more than men. That's just the way it is. It's not some nefarious plot, it's millions of free people deciding where to spend their own money. Life isn't fair like that. All the huffing and puffing, angsty tears, and virtue signaling in the world won't change it, either. Put out a product that people will pay for and you'll get your share, not a share from someone else's product.

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Exactly. As a percentage of each pie, the women actually make the higher number. It's just a much smaller pie the market buys from them.

So the men are being discriminated against.

And no one in their right mind would hold up the benighted Rapinoe as a role model.

Jets

Former Staff
Feb 2011
New York
She doesn’t need to put down the president for a sound bite in the media! She can get all the sound bites she wants because she is an amazing athlete and a superstar
I understand that, but excoriating President Trump doesn’t increase her presence and reputation in the spotlight?

I would say it does.